Security Installer Community

Uninstalling A 9600 System

Apollo

My mother has a 9600 intruder alarm system which she would like uninstalled (she finds it too complex to operate and unreliable). I have the operating and installation manual, but unsurprisingly, it says nothing about uninstalling the system. I'd like to take it out and replace with a new system, but my concern is that taking it out, I might trigger a tamper sensor and set off the alarm. Can anyone advise what I need to do to completely disarm the system before removing it or can this be safely done in the un-set state? I'm unfamiliar with alarm systems, but am a professionally qualified electronics engineer.

Many thanks in advance.

Apollo

Guest anguscanplay
My mother has a 9600 intruder alarm system which she would like uninstalled (she finds it too complex to operate and unreliable). I have the operating and installation manual, but unsurprisingly, it says nothing about uninstalling the system. I'd like to take it out and replace with a new system, but my concern is that taking it out, I might trigger a tamper sensor and set off the alarm. Can anyone advise what I need to do to completely disarm the system before removing it or can this be safely done in the un-set state? I'm unfamiliar with alarm systems, but am a professionally qualified electronics engineer.

Many thanks in advance.

Apollo

morning appollo and welcome to our little forum,

obviously we can tell you how to disable the system on-line, your best bet is to just do it.If you are a professionally qualified electronics engineer it shouldnt take too much of the grey matter to work it out , just make sure you dont get a shock from the mains ( it`ll really mess up your Sunday if you did )

sorry

Angus

Guest Dave the alarm man
(she finds it too complex to operate and unreliable).

code area (choose a=all b=bed (night set) c=cat (kitchen omitted) d=garage)

onit zones (no)

leave / go up the wooden stair to bedfordrshire

that how mine works :rolleyes:

systems are only unreliable due to lack of servicing

Many thanks in advance.

Apollo

What does she find complex about using it?

to set its 'code' then follow the instructions given ie select area, (a or b ) , omit zones (no), then walk out.

Most modern alarm systems work in a similar way.

you could try putting in a Scantronic 9448+ in which case all you need to change is the controller. I have attached a 9448 user guide for you to look at re operation at bottom of this post

If you are going to try it yourself you need to decide what panel you are going to use first (if you use EOL type then you will need to go to each sensor and put resistors in).

When you remove old control box the outside bell/sounder (should) will ring (unless you go up ladders first to disconnect it) - depending on how old the bell is then it will either ring for 15 or 20 mins then silence or carry on ringing until battery goes flat or you re-apply power.

If you are all unsure about messing with it get a quote from alarm co .

DON,T FORGET THERE IS MAINS 240V INSIDE THE BOX.

paul

9448_plus_user_guide.pdf

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Hi ,

I have just removed a 9600 for the same reason...code ..choose area...omit zones ? ...replaced it with simple one button arming.

I must admit I have found some older ops dont like to read instructions off an LCD screen , and prefere LEDs and beeps.

Regards.

i'd just add,

intruder alarms by nature are designed to be tricky to disable or overcome, intruders would have a much easier life otherwise so they react or do things an untrained person would not expect.

for that reason and while fully respecting your electronics expertise i do recommend have the work done by a qualified local engineer, save yourself a possible whole load of hassle into the bargain.

apart from the user difficulty in using the existing system, this is more based on fear/embarrassment of having the police on the door step if she did something wrong, a decent engineer will configure the system to make life much easier and also be able to stop any false alarms due to bad installation.

if you still have false alarms what will you do next? but if you insist on th the replacement, don't start it late in the afternoon or you will be annoying the neighbours late into the night.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest Dave the alarm man
I have just removed a 9600 for the same reason...code ..choose area...omit zones ?

yer that early 90's is just too far ahead of the game :rolleyes:

I guess a tag & intelligent setting would be XXX witch craft :(

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Despite being installed by a professional several years ago, the alarm has proved unreliable with many false alarms. I appreciate that you cannot disclose details of how to uninstall this system, but I would welcome confirmation that opening the control box will/will not trigger the tamper alarm.

Many thanks in advance.

Apollo

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Despite being installed by a professional several years ago, the alarm has proved unreliable with many false alarms. I appreciate that you cannot disclose details of how to uninstall this system, but I would welcome confirmation that opening the control box will /will not trigger the tamper alarm.

Many thanks in advance.

Apollo

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Despite being installed by a professional several years ago, the alarm has proved unreliable with many false alarms. I appreciate that you cannot disclose details of how to uninstall this system, but I would welcome confirmation that opening the control box will/will not trigger the tamper alarm.

Many thanks in advance.

Apollo

Yep it will

p

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Archived