Security Installer Community

Gardtec 800 - Retrieving Master Code

richarta

I have just set a new user code, but unfortunately I overwrote the master code position with the new code and it is now only a user code. I am therefore unable to do any further setting of the system. Is there a way to reset the system to get the master code back?

Yes you will need to contact your alarm company if the system is under maintenance or if its a DIY job you will need to default the panel.

How do I default the panel? I do not have the installation manual (the original owner did not leave it!)

Unfortunatly We do not supply engineering manuals or defaulting information to the public for reasons of system security

to default the panel you would need to contact an alarm company who would attend and carry out the work

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

How do I default the panel? I do not have the installation manual (the original owner did not leave it!)

As has been said, we can't help with the installation manual, but here is a user manual for the future

Gardtec_800_User_Guide.pdf

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Yes you will need to contact your alarm company if the system is under maintenance or if its a DIY job you will need to default the panel.

not actually all true Colin,

as any informed Gardtec engineer will tell you, the master code can be reset by a procedure to a known code, so leaving all the other programming in tact, this should be a cheaper as quicker call (if the engineer is Gartec conversant).

arange a call and have it serviced to check batteries and performance are within designed perameters.

regs

alan.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

not actually all true Colin,

as any informed Gardtec engineer will tell you, the master code can be reset by a procedure to a known code, so leaving all the other programming in tact, this should be a cheaper as quicker call (if the engineer is Gartec conversant).

arange a call and have it serviced to check batteries and performance are within designed perameters.

regs

alan.

agreed quicker, but most prob be charged the same

Archived