Security Installer Community

Baxall

Tagfcuk

Dear All,

Obviously information provided by "hardworker" was not published in Security Park by DM.

In nature nothing is lost. As long as my knowledge is concerned EET Nordic is still recruiting for London office and might need experienced stuff.

If you guys could give me idea of most popular network camera made in UK that we could start to support by our software I will be grateful. I can confirm that Alnet Systems support all analog fixed and PTZ cameras manufactured by British companies.

dedicated micros. Also employed the camera development team. These guys are also helping in moving the production lines to malta. Wrong team i think. Should have been the people who designed the lines and equipment and the production management team. Also heard Baxalls test engineer is not involved. Big mistake by Dedicated.

Hardworker; I hope that you can shift that tongue from your cheek before your next meal, it could make eating difficult.

I'm not sure how qualified the CamDev team are at shifting kit, but I presume they've been employed for their skills as designers, not as Mr Shifter and Son. As for DM's manufacturing people; I should think they have enough nouse to set-up and run a medium quantity production line.

I wouldn't trust the baxall production management team to move my wheelie bin to the end of my drive.

It may just be that they wish to run things their (successful...) way, as opposed to the Baxall way.

dedicated micros. Also employed the camera development team. These guys are also helping in moving the production lines to malta. Wrong team i think. Should have been the people who designed the lines and equipment and the production management team. Also heard Baxalls test engineer is not involved. Big mistake by Dedicated.

Surely it was the people that designed the lines (on numerous occasions) that helped Nail the lid on Baxall's coffin? They could have used the people that actually managed to get it working afterwards I suppose, that could have worked. I'm sure the camera team can cope though, they did design over 100 cameras in the past 3 years, and it is only really meccano after all. And one of the most successful companies in the NW probably has some similarly skilled engineers that could always help. :hmm:

The test lines were designed to be run by anyone. And a contractor did all the training anyway. Maybe Hardworker has always been someone to slag off anyone that knows better? Sometimes people do know better !!! Especially when that someone built up a business that means he can race Porches for a hobby.

Surely it was the people that designed the lines (on numerous occasions) that helped Nail the lid on Baxall's coffin? They could have used the people that actually managed to get it working afterwards I suppose, that could have worked. I'm sure the camera team can cope though, they did design over 100 cameras in the past 3 years, and it is only really meccano after all. And one of the most successful companies in the NW probably has some similarly skilled engineers that could always help. :hmm:

The test lines were designed to be run by anyone. And a contractor did all the training anyway. Maybe Hardworker has always been someone to slag off anyone that knows better? Sometimes people do know better !!! Especially when that someone built up a business that means he can race Porches for a hobby.

There was nothing wrong with the production lines or the way they were designed. The Production department was able to produce the quantities they were asked to build. Problem was lack of orders andmaterial supply to keep the lines running.

The contractor did the training, but it was the test engineer who defined the training and he designed the test equipment and test software. I worked with the test engineer and he is really good at developing test systems.

Hardworker.... You are right. The test engineer should probably have been running the production team. It was a case of this....... Click Me .....

As for producing what they could...... AD had to buy cameras elsewhere because they couldn't build enough..... Pelco would have taken more as well.................... In 2002-2003 there were months where 20,000+ cameras were built. The lines were upgraded to increase this. The shop floor staff were sent home for 2 weeks whilst the lines were converted to the production management's great idea........ and the production increased to about 18,000. Then the new line was put in, with vacuum blocks at the end to keep the cardboard packing dust off the line, and they had to be turned off because they were too loud, and useless. And the performance was no better...... until a few others took over the balancing and it improved.

But people only ever listen to those that shout loudest....... maybe I should have written this in capital letters????

Dear All,

Obviously information provided by "hardworker" was not published in Security Park by DM.

In nature nothing is lost. As long as my knowledge is concerned EET Nordic is still recruiting for London office and might need experienced stuff.

If you guys could give me idea of most popular network camera made in UK that we could start to support by our software I will be grateful. I can confirm that Alnet Systems support all analog fixed and PTZ cameras manufactured by British companies.

London would be out of the question for most former Baxall employees, because the cost of living is many times higher than in Stockport, and it is completely out of reasonable travelling distance.

Oy!

There was more than one Test Engineer!

(I was employed in that capacity from 1988, and that's what my contract stated, and I supported the ATE used for testing tube camera boards and switchers for a while after Phil Hanscombe left, but the management seemed to forget that, from around 1991, bringing in new people, keeping me out of the new product development cycle and neglecting to teach me about innovations such as Windows on computers, and wouldn't even show me how to use the more modern equipment.

Anyone remember how much the Marconi ATE + jigs cost, how many engineers that amount would have paid for, and how long it lasted?)

Bitter & twisted, me?

Just a bit!

When it came to this, they had one of the all time greats available!!!! You had no option but to listen, even if you were at the other end of the building.

I must disagree:

From the late 90s, rarely could anyone be heard, even a foot away unless you could see his/her lips move as well, above the horrible, continuous, stressful racket of radio stations whose names sounded like "Wee103" and "Imagine F-all" at full treble boost through horn loudspeakers playing such delights as "Streetlight", "Climb every Woman", "Take it up the Conga, woah, woah, woah, woah-yeah", "Squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, ow, ow, aah", and worse!

Archived