Security Installer Community

Optima G3 Panel Fault

Unused zone not linked out maybe?

hi andy,

from what i've seen (and remember :rolleyes:) of these panels not being my first choice unit, if say a pab is still pushed or a tamper is open the keypad bleeps loudly but seems to operate as normally, which is a tad confusing.

if the o/p has the ability, disconnect every cable from the panel barr the keypad (if a remote rkp) fitting links to the zones to test the panel completely alone, as could be there is a short between aux + and bell tamper for instance, so not an open tamper but a 'swamped' by a 'short' tamper.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
hi gerry,

i'm not being rude or patronising to you, i ask are you a trained or experienced alarm installer/service engineer or a keen armature?

alan

armature - you " winding " him up ? lol

careful arfur or you`ll have magpye answering for this guy too lol

from what i've seen (and remember :rolleyes:) of these panels not being my first choice unit, if say a pab is still pushed or a tamper is open the keypad bleeps loudly but seems to operate as normally, which is a tad confusing.

Well, I've got one (a G3 that is).

The keypad bleeps loudly if there's been an alarm condition and you've silenced it with your code but haven't pressed reset. Maybe in other situations too.

(happened recently when we set the wrong program at night and triggered it in the morning- just banged the code in then wondered why it was so loud setting it later)

armature - you " winding " him up ? lol

careful arfur or you`ll have magpye answering for this guy too lol

i'm still working with panel's that use G.P.O relay's

lol

regs

alan

CLUNK - who needs walk test sounders hmm

i'm getting depressed, i can also claim to have serviced alarm systems who's contacts were made out of solid brass kerry springs :unsure:

if they were used on today's systems their metal value would mean they would be the object of the theft, not the prevention of it :P

shall i remmonice about clockwork powered 999 dialers with 45 volt batteries for the speech to power the valve amps that i used to service in my younger days?

well tuff i just can't as i'm now way to depressed at my advanced age :(

regs

alan

I've got a similar problem. Just a home owner and this alarm system was installed in the workshop/garage. (Actually badged as SL Compact but I understand it is the same thing). The alarm went off at 2.30am the other night. I entered the number and pressed reset at some point - it was 2:30am give me a little slack :) - the alarm stopped and just the power & day lights are lit, but the strobe continues to flash constantly. I've tried a few things - light enabling a strobe test and turning to off again. I even purposefully set off the alarm again and then disabled it - but it still continues to flash.

Other than that the system still works ok. It can be set, unset etc. The strobe does seem to be flashing quite fast - a couple of times a second rather than once every couple of seconds the manual implies. Anybody able to offer some useful advice?

I've got a similar problem. Just a home owner and this alarm system was installed in the workshop/garage. (Actually badged as SL Compact but I understand it is the same thing). The alarm went off at 2.30am the other night. I entered the number and pressed reset at some point - it was 2:30am give me a little slack :) - the alarm stopped and just the power & day lights are lit, but the strobe continues to flash constantly. I've tried a few things - light enabling a strobe test and turning to off again. I even purposefully set off the alarm again and then disabled it - but it still continues to flash.

Other than that the system still works ok. It can be set, unset etc. The strobe does seem to be flashing quite fast - a couple of times a second rather than once every couple of seconds the manual implies. Anybody able to offer some useful advice?

if i remember right (lol, be a first) does it not strobe fast in walk test, like 3 flashes for zone 3 ect. or just fast when you trigger a zone. its somthing along those lines as i've used a few times when testing out buildings ect on my own.

Guest anguscanplay

could be youve got water in the external sounder - hence the initial activation

Archived