Security Installer Community

Optima G3 Panel Fault

Hi

Unable to switch off strobe, even in day mode. Disconnected 6 wire cable to bellbox, and reinserted link in T- A, but 12v still showing on strobe + - in panel. Spoke to technical support, and

advised to reset to factory mode.

Still the same problem. There are no zone or tamper faults showing, but when pressing the keypad, the high sounder is heard.

Also when entering zone 1 "entry, exit" the alarm activates straight away ( when the alarm is set )

Please can anybody help?

Guest Dave the alarm man

if its been fully defaulted & still play up yes,

i assume with battery & all powered devices off all zone linked it still a wrong 'un?

is this not simply a fault which has not been cleared by reseting on these panels?

clear the zones/tampers, reset any panic buttons, press reset on the panel and see if voltage is still on the strobe output.

finally if all else fails call a local engineer in, as we tend to be quit good at these 'faults' B) .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
Problem is everything has been reset. but the 12v stays on. Able to set alarm as stated above.

but when using keypad the sounder is very loud !

The problem is the joke is on me, I am the engineer and the alarm is in my house.

who do you work for jerry - try to gain trade vetting on the site

Problem is everything has been reset. but the 12v stays on. Able to set alarm as stated above.

but when using keypad the sounder is very loud !

The problem is the joke is on me, I am the engineer and the alarm is in my house.

hi gerry,

i'm not being rude or patronising to you, i ask are you a trained or experienced alarm installer/service engineer or a keen armature?

nothing wrong DIYing but the test i as other experienced engineer would make i can not divulge in the public area, as it could compromise an existing system based on the same panels.

what you describe is a symptom which not of a panel failure, the panel is 'shouting' that you have a fault which needs attention.

if you can fit alarm systems competently and safely, but can't resolve this issue then you will ned to call in another engineer and pay for the pleasure. so perhaps better to maximise your spend and replace with a superior quality control panel.

i'd suggest a Gardtec G595 or CPX which come with clear LCD readout's in plain English of faults/activations, so far easier to repair, having the bonus of (if simple) a built-in Vo Comm dialer.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived