Security Installer Community

Optima G3 Panel Fault

I've got a similar problem. Just a home owner and this alarm system was installed in the workshop/garage. (Actually badged as SL Compact but I understand it is the same thing). The alarm went off at 2.30am the other night. I entered the number and pressed reset at some point - it was 2:30am give me a little slack :) - the alarm stopped and just the power & day lights are lit, but the strobe continues to flash constantly. I've tried a few things - light enabling a strobe test and turning to off again. I even purposefully set off the alarm again and then disabled it - but it still continues to flash.

Other than that the system still works ok. It can be set, unset etc. The strobe does seem to be flashing quite fast - a couple of times a second rather than once every couple of seconds the manual implies. Anybody able to offer some useful advice?

Hi Fella

Try down powering the system totally bat & mains, this means taking fuse out of spur adjacent panel, open the front of the control panel and disconnect the large battery by taking the red lead off. Leave for 30 secs then power up mains first enter code then replace batt lead. refit cover. If this do not work call your local engineer as your panel may well be faulty :)

Archived