Security Installer Community

What Alarm To Install In A Garage?

tbh to recommend a panel it has to be considered against the value of the risk protected, is this garage just a tool store, office, has a vintage car kept in it or full of junk like mine, and of course the clients budget limits.

most small panels with part-set will do the job, but a better solution is one that has several individual area's like the Gartec G595, then the garage can remain protected while the house is not armed or visa versa. you can do this by part set but more fidely and occasional users memories are known to slip.

given the client already has a B&Q panel, i would not hold your breath for a large increase in spend imo.

just a footnote with BASS's indulgence, i emailed that part 'p' pdf posted by Angus (thanks m8 ;) ) to the client, the response follows -:

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the info about our electrics. Of course, everything should be done to approved standards, so I am pleased you pointed this out.

In the first instance, I will suggest to our architects, who are meant to be supervising everything, that they take a look at the electrics situation. We most certainly need certification, otherwise, as you say, we will have real problems when selling the house or, even worse, it might burn down through an electrical fault.

so seems this 'simple' thread has served several valuable purposes :)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
I think this topic is going off the boil now can everyone stick to the question please the question was what alarm to install in a garage and the guy is entitled to some constructive answer not anything about parts abc. If it continues with side tracking the question this topic will be closed.

someone - well me actually suggested any panel it really doesnt matter does it - unless newguy is going for a high grade hence the grading question - no ?

just a footnote with BASS's indulgence, i emailed that part 'p' pdf posted by Angus (thanks m8 ;) ) to the client, the response follows -:

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the info about our electrics. Of course, everything should be done to approved standards, so I am pleased you pointed this out.

In the first instance, I will suggest to our architects, who are meant to be supervising everything, that they take a look at the electrics situation. We most certainly need certification, otherwise, as you say, we will have real problems when selling the house or, even worse, it might burn down through an electrical fault.

so seems this 'simple' thread has served several valuable purposes :)

regs

alan

so it seems i am usefull after all lol

Guest Dave the alarm man
As the garage has power, anyone got a suggestion for a suitable cheap mains powered unit to cope with up and over door and side upvc entry door ...................but surely there is something cheaper and suitable?

right..........

Hi Alan,

I would love to know how far the price of plastic led onboard control panel goes with an architect :P

Is it not about time this vitriolic diatribe came to an end and this thread was closed?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest anguscanplay
Is it not about time this vitriolic diatribe came to an end and this thread was closed?

why whats wrong with it Mr Magpye - o/p asks for advise and gets advice , o/p seeks clarification and gets clarification even the forum elder gets to learn something too , maybe its because he is a trade newby and not just DIY ? then , tell you the guy has a good future ahead of him if he can get the start he deserves

Angus

Guest anguscanplay
right..........

I would love to know how far the price of plastic led onboard control panel goes with an architect :P

me thinks that was from arfur`s polish sparky job - same rule though

Archived