Security Installer Community

X-vision Help

alix242

Interesting! I installed some X-Vision cameras a while back, they are ok, no problems apart from the swivil mounting plate that went rusty in 3 weeks but they do work ok. I am interested in the two year warrenty bit as the camera packing stated they had a two year warranty, what's the score with this Peter? 2 year or not 2 year, that is the question...... :rolleyes:

Luggsey: If it says 2 year warranty then its 2 year warranty, simple.

Energy Solutions: I work for Xvision, not a distributor, all of our distributors have to honour our warranties. Let me have some information by PM so I can find out some more details, as with every claim there are 2 sides to the story and I need to get the distributors and yours in greater detail. If the distributor is in the wrong and will not help you I will make them or help you directly.

There is one other thing I would like to say which may result in a fierce debate, but its better said then not, the problem with forums like this is that it only highlights the bad points of brands/products not the good, for example I have read about 2 or 3 faulty DVRs on this forum, each one of these has a Full Story behind it and should be looked at in context, for these 3 that were reported on here, there are hundreds sold every week that have no problem, but happy customers tend not to come on the forums, they just use there machines and thats it. I have seen other companies come on here, LJD, COP etc..., who have tried to defend themselves, been abused and then give up trying to defend themselves.

I am not here to do that, if you check with Service Engineer, my only reason for joing this forum was to help people who have problems with Xvision products, we are part of a unique few companies who are doing this, there are forums all over the internet for every industry that are similar to this and they carry hundred and hundreds of complaints about products from massive electronics and PC companies and no one from those companies seems to reply to those forums.

I guess what I am trying to say is that comments like "Dont Touch With A Barge Pole" and "I have purchased around 30 cameras of various types and whilst they have not failed (yet)" do not make us manufacturers want to take part in forums like this, but for it to be an excellent forum (which it is) it needs to have some degree of professionalism, so we do take part, though I do understand when people are upset things are said, I do it myself!

Best regards

Peter

Peter,

I think you have given a perfectly fair, honest and open response each time to what amounts to some pretty serious slating of your product/company. Sadly, i think the main culprit was, for whatever reason, being less than truthful. This does no one any favours.

You also gave the aggrieved ample opportunity to contact you. Am i right in thinking they didn't take up the offer??

Everyone gets it wrong occasionally, Manufacturer, Distributor, Installer, and yes, even end users. Anyone says different is a liar. The crucial point is how we all deal with it when problems do occur.

If fierce debate does break out. Stick to your guns. You have done nothing wrong. You'll notice those making derogatory comments don't name their own companies - something to hide perhaps???

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Well said Peter

It is always difficult for manufacturing to defend itself against an allegation, spurious or not.

There is always two sides to every story and whilst we have to take flack occasionally it doesn't help if people just throw unwarranted comments around without going through the 'proper' channels first.

Also, like you say, you haven't come on the forum touting your products at every opportunity - unlike some - which often just encourages some to have a pop at you.

Whilst i'm not familiar with your product, you've certainly got my vote.

Well said Peter

It is always difficult for manufacturing to defend itself against an allegation, spurious or not.

There is always two sides to every story and whilst we have to take flack occasionally it doesn't help if people just throw unwarranted comments around without going through the 'proper' channels first.

Also, like you say, you haven't come on the forum touting your products at every opportunity - unlike some - which often just encourages some to have a pop at you.

Whilst i'm not familiar with your product, you've certainly got my vote.

Barooga, Anguscanplay, Cubit thank you for understanding exactly what I was trying to say, I was afraid it would be misread and I would start a riot.

I stand by my earlier comments and hope that this forum goes from strength to strength, I for one am here to stay and do as I say!

You are correct on one issue which is that whenever I have said "ok fair enough you have had a problem please contact me and let me know exactly what it is so I can offer a solution" suddenly the problem is very minor or no one gets in touch, having said that I have been able to help people through this forum as well, and thats great and makes my job easier, and hopefully restores there faith in the brand.

Once again thanks for the support.

Best regards

Peter

Barooga, Anguscanplay, Cubit thank you for understanding exactly what I was trying to say, I was afraid it would be misread and I would start a riot.

I stand by my earlier comments and hope that this forum goes from strength to strength, I for one am here to stay and do as I say!

You are correct on one issue which is that whenever I have said "ok fair enough you have had a problem please contact me and let me know exactly what it is so I can offer a solution" suddenly the problem is very minor or no one gets in touch, having said that I have been able to help people through this forum as well, and thats great and makes my job easier, and hopefully restores there faith in the brand.

Once again thanks for the support.

Best regards

Peter

This is sounding a bit like Chris from cop (pardon my swear word)

!

This is sounding a bit like Chris from cop (pardon my swear word)

Errr, not from my perspective its not.

Take a look at the initial posts and you'll understand why.

As for the company you mentioned, i can't comment.

Peter,

I think you have given a perfectly fair, honest and open response each time to what amounts to some pretty serious slating of your product/company. Sadly, i think the main culprit was, for whatever reason, being less than truthful. This does no one any favours.

You also gave the aggrieved ample opportunity to contact you. Am i right in thinking they didn't take up the offer??

Everyone gets it wrong occasionally, Manufacturer, Distributor, Installer, and yes, even end users. Anyone says different is a liar. The crucial point is how we all deal with it when problems do occur.

If fierce debate does break out. Stick to your guns. You have done nothing wrong. You'll notice those making derogatory comments don't name their own companies - something to hide perhaps???

Allow me to clarify some points for you Mr barooga:

1,I totally agree he has given a perfectly fair, honest and open response, much more positive than I had hoped for

2, I may have slated the product but not the company (X Vision) as it was not them which I dealt with initially but a 3rd party distributer. It now appears that X Vision are as surprised/disgusted as anyone at my treatment. I believe my opinion of the products would be much better had I been dealing with a company capable of repairing any faults that do develop as opposed to making blunder after blunder at my expense.

3, The "aggrieved" has contacted Peter with the hope of coming to an amicable conclusion. Please feel free to check

4, I too have done nothing wrong. Please inform me if I have. I paid good money for equipment that failed through no fault of mine on more than one occasion. I stand by my derogatory comments as they are fact, which incidentally, I can prove.

5, My company name is also my user name, nothing to hide.

In conclusion I have to admire Peters decency, for he has made me a more than fair offer which is a mark of his commitment to his product, something that the company I initially dealt with lacked. I will endeavor to reach a successful conclusion with this issue, again I would like to point out that my products were sourced through a 3rd party and not X Vision directly

Regards.

Allow me to clarify some points for you Mr barooga:

1,I totally agree he has given a perfectly fair, honest and open response, much more positive than I had hoped for

2, I may have slated the product but not the company (X Vision) as it was not them which I dealt with initially but a 3rd party distributer. It now appears that X Vision are as surprised/disgusted as anyone at my treatment. I believe my opinion of the products would be much better had I been dealing with a company capable of repairing any faults that do develop as opposed to making blunder after blunder at my expense.

3, The "aggrieved" has contacted Peter with the hope of coming to an amicable conclusion. Please feel free to check

4, I too have done nothing wrong. Please inform me if I have. I paid good money for equipment that failed through no fault of mine on more than one occasion. I stand by my derogatory comments as they are fact, which incidentally, I can prove.

5, My company name is also my user name, nothing to hide.

In conclusion I have to admire Peters decency, for he has made me a more than fair offer which is a mark of his commitment to his product, something that the company I initially dealt with lacked. I will endeavor to reach a successful conclusion with this issue, again I would like to point out that my products were sourced through a 3rd party and not X Vision directly

Regards.

You weren't the 'main culprit' in question. Who, by the way, seems to have disappeared yet again.

You may well have had problems but to the rest of us you appeared to use the original negative comments to fuel your own grievances.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Guest anguscanplay
You weren't the 'main culprit' in question. Who, by the way, seems to have disappeared yet again.

a signed Angus bellbox sticker to the first person who spots his new member profile - my moneys on bodger badger

Archived