Security Installer Community

X-vision Help

alix242

Guest BellMan371
Hi Bellman

Can you confirm what product from the X-Vision range you had a problem with, when you had the problem and exactly what the problem was please?

I work for them and would like to help.

Also to put it in to context, we sell 3000+ cameras a month and 500+ DVRs and growing, during the last 3 years we have been working towards a perfect product range without problems, but the very nature of electronics and the manufacturing of electronics means that there will be some product that fails, even when it is very expensive, and has one of the most famous brands in the CCTV world behind it (eg. the DM unit thats mentioned).

Thanks

Peter

A local (to me) pub/resturant purchased one of your pc based systems from you through me and the motion was set up correctly but yet it failed to record things like a car driving in that was involved in a theft. Also it would reboot every day. it was a pc based system and tbh it put me right off. bearing in mind it was changed about a year ago maybe longer but i said id never use the x vision equipement (pc based) again :angry:

A local (to me) pub/resturant purchased one of your pc based systems from you through me and the motion was set up correctly but yet it failed to record things like a car driving in that was involved in a theft. Also it would reboot every day. it was a pc based system and tbh it put me right off. bearing in mind it was changed about a year ago maybe longer but i said id never use the x vision equipement (pc based) again :angry:

Hi Bellman

I agree with you, its not acceptable if you buy ANY product and it does not perform one of its advertised functions.

Motion detection is a key feature of any system and if it does not work please contact where you bought it from so they can get it rectified (if they will not help, PM me), as it is a fault, the motion detection on all the models of PC DVRs we have ever sold should work.

PC DVR systems were very new when we first started selling them (7 years ago), and even though we used good quality cards and software from Geovision we quickly realised that Standalone DVRs are more suited to commercial environments, as PC plus Windows plus CCTV is as reliable as any other PC running Windows. That was one reason why the Geovision software had a daily reboot function, to clear down the temporary files that the PC would have on it.

Hope the above helps, and that you will consider trying all the other products we sell.

Best regards

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter,

I hope you can help. I've recently taken over managing a shop which has EDVR4 unit installed. The unit was working fine (and did everything we wanted) but has now developed a problem whereby none of the buttons on the front panel work.

I understand that the unit was installed sometime last year but I have no paper work or documentation. Can you tell from the serial number on the unit if this is still covered under warranty? If so whom would I contact for support (I don't see any contacts on the X-Vision web site). If this is a known issue do you have any work around?

Regards

MM

Hi Peter,

I hope you can help. I've recently taken over managing a shop which has EDVR4 unit installed. The unit was working fine (and did everything we wanted) but has now developed a problem whereby none of the buttons on the front panel work.

I understand that the unit was installed sometime last year but I have no paper work or documentation. Can you tell from the serial number on the unit if this is still covered under warranty? If so whom would I contact for support (I don't see any contacts on the X-Vision web site). If this is a known issue do you have any work around?

Regards

MM

Hi MM

Can you PM me your details and I will arrange for someone to call you.

Best regards

Peter

:smash: does that answer youre query :question:

BARGE

TOUCH

A

POLE

WITH

DONT :!:

:P

:lol:

Hope this helps

I think that is sound advice for both the X Vision products and the company which I suspect sold it.

I spent a LOT of money on X Vision products from a UK based company which I shall not name after finding them via a Google search.

How I wish I could turn the clock back. The products were terrible quality, eg Infrared lamps that would not work even when new, and even the ones which did work performed so poorly they had to be replaced with something better. A supposedly top of the range DVR developing 4 faults within the first year and continues to be faulty. It has just returned from its last visit to be repaired with all the buttons on the front damaged and thus rendering it useless. This was after the company had it for 8 weeks!

The company more than matched the poor quality of the scrap they sold. The faulty DVR was bought from the companys own catalogue which clearly states "2 year Warranty" (I still have this catalogue) but I am now informed this was not correct and the product has only a 1 year warranty so now I am expected to pay for repairs to a unit which has NEVER functioned as it was designed to!

I have now placed this matter in the hands of my solicitor and will pursue it as far as necessary.

In conclusion I would not take the gift of X Vision products.

I think that is sound advice for both the X Vision products and the company which I suspect sold it.

I spent a LOT of money on X Vision products from a UK based company which I shall not name after finding them via a Google search.

How I wish I could turn the clock back. The products were terrible quality, eg Infrared lamps that would not work even when new, and even the ones which did work performed so poorly they had to be replaced with something better. A supposedly top of the range DVR developing 4 faults within the first year and continues to be faulty. It has just returned from its last visit to be repaired with all the buttons on the front damaged and thus rendering it useless. This was after the company had it for 8 weeks!

The company more than matched the poor quality of the scrap they sold. The faulty DVR was bought from the companys own catalogue which clearly states "2 year Warranty" (I still have this catalogue) but I am now informed this was not correct and the product has only a 1 year warranty so now I am expected to pay for repairs to a unit which has NEVER functioned as it was designed to!

I have now placed this matter in the hands of my solicitor and will pursue it as far as necessary.

In conclusion I would not take the gift of X Vision products.

Interesting! I installed some X-Vision cameras a while back, they are ok, no problems apart from the swivil mounting plate that went rusty in 3 weeks but they do work ok. I am interested in the two year warrenty bit as the camera packing stated they had a two year warranty, what's the score with this Peter? 2 year or not 2 year, that is the question...... :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Interesting! I installed some X-Vision cameras a while back, they are ok, no problems apart from the swivil mounting plate that went rusty in 3 weeks but they do work ok. I am interested in the two year warrenty bit as the camera packing stated they had a two year warranty, what's the score with this Peter? 2 year or not 2 year, that is the question...... :rolleyes:

I have purchased around 30 cameras of various types and whilst they have not failed (yet) I have had a few problems eg condensation on the inside of purpose built exterior day/nights and setup issues with day/night zoom cameras designed for distinguishing numberplates, I contacted the supplier and after eventully getting through to their technical department (easily a 10 minute wait each time) I could never get to speak to the same person twice as the staff seemed to be constantly changing (a bad sign) so I could never get anywhere as I was constantly repeating myself to someone new.

And yes, I am particulary //.B.W.F.// off regarding the 2 year warrenty. I ordered from a catalogue supplied by this company with their name clearly displayed on it and it clearly states "2 year warrenty" however after the DVR (

Guest anguscanplay
My solicitor cannot believe that any company would supply a catalogue advertising a 2 year warrenty and then reduce it to 1 year thus leaving themselves wide open for legal action.

I would also like to point out that this contract began at the start of 2006 and with all the ongoing problems, of which I have only touched on, I have not been paid any monies by the client as he is so unhappy and it looks like it may even cost me money if this has to be settled in court.

has he not also advised you not to issue comment in public pending legal action ?

has he not also advised you not to issue comment in public pending legal action ?

You may have noticed that I intentionally have not named the company in question.................

I quote from my first post:

"I spent a LOT of money on X Vision products from a UK based company which I shall not name after finding them via a Google search."

I know from researching various Forums etc that I am not the only disgruntled customer this company or their products has. I simply want people to be aware of the facts involved and carefully consider this information before considering any transactions with this so called company so as they do not arrive at they same position I have found myself in through no fault of my own.

Guest anguscanplay
You may have noticed that I intentionally have not named the company in question.................

I quote from my first post:

"I spent a LOT of money on X Vision products from a UK based company which I shall not name after finding them via a Google search."

I know from researching various Forums etc that I am not the only disgruntled customer this company or their products has. I simply want people to be aware of the facts involved and carefully consider this information before considering any transactions with this so called company so as they do not arrive at they same position I have found myself in through no fault of my own.

so is your issue with the distributer then ? not the X Vision people ? youve managed to put me off ever using their stuff

Archived