Security Installer Community

X-vision Help

alix242

Guest BellMan371
So nothing about actual performance and fit for purpose then?

The remote looks nice. Pretty objective comparison then eh?

to be fair i have been to a site where a dm 16 channel unit ds2 went faulty six times in the space of one month and yes the unit was out of warranty but no i didnt install it i took it on as a take over system but after the owner got fed up with its unreliability they asked me for a more reliable unit which i gave a price for them and has since been changed to the dvr i use. it has far out weighed the troubke they had with the dm sprite and they have asked me to price another job for the new place they are opening up (as its a resturant) and they want the same type dvr as they have now.

so you see brand name isnt everything in this world :!:

Guest BellMan371
your all forgeting the single most important thing with a dvr - event managment , nothing beats the motion detected thumbnails on the DM system

thats if you rely opn motion detection which i dont

i have always said motion is ok if the area is not busy but a carpark where vehicles and and people are moving about all the time, thyen constant record for me all the time.

Guest anguscanplay
to be fair i have been to a site where a dm 16 channel unit ds2 went faulty six times in the space of one month and yes the unit was out of warranty but no i didnt install it i took it on as a take over system but after the owner got fed up with its unreliability they asked me for a more reliable unit which i gave a price for them and has since been changed to the dvr i use. it has far out weighed the troubke they had with the dm sprite and they have asked me to price another job for the new place they are opening up (as its a resturant) and they want the same type dvr as they have now.

all depends how long the dm had been in situ and how long the cheap dvr lasts surely

i have always said motion is ok if the area is not busy but a carpark where vehicles and and people are moving about all the time, thyen constant record for me all the time.

ah the joys of sitting through 80hrs of footage to find out the dvr recorded over the bit you need - why not just gete up in a morning and click a button to see if anything happened over night hmmm

Guest anguscanplay
still think a static cctv system recording the route would be better :!: dvr could go in a private office and machine set to motion quite high sensitivity

:hmm:

the audit trail would be from the motion recording.

change of heart there ?

Cubit made me do it lol

Hang on. It went faulty 6 times, but significantly whilst out of warranty?

Just how old was the unit? And are you inferring it had been constantly playing up or just suddenly died?

Either way you paint a slightly biased picture.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Make your mind up.

And comparing the chaps house to a carpark is hardly a sensible comparison.

Make your mind up.

And comparing the chaps house to a carpark is hardly a sensible comparison.

Hi Bellman

Can you confirm what product from the X-Vision range you had a problem with, when you had the problem and exactly what the problem was please?

I work for them and would like to help.

Also to put it in to context, we sell 3000+ cameras a month and 500+ DVRs and growing, during the last 3 years we have been working towards a perfect product range without problems, but the very nature of electronics and the manufacturing of electronics means that there will be some product that fails, even when it is very expensive, and has one of the most famous brands in the CCTV world behind it (eg. the DM unit thats mentioned).

Thanks

Peter

Archived