Security Installer Community

Optima Xm

OK, i am the O/P and have sorted it out in about 4mins, mains off, open panel, disconnect battery, link two terminals after removing any wires in them (do not panic i will not say which two), replace battery, close panel, restore mains. It re-booted and i just had to set all the timers for bell and entry/exit time after resetting a new entry code. Not difficult and the instruction manual is available to download.

lol, that was a waste of time. but atleast it works.

Hi, hope someone can help. A very brief power outage (less than a second) has caused my Optima XM panel to completely lock up. All the panel lights are lit and the buttons dont work at all. I think this problem requires a new back up battery which i have purchased, but then i need to do something inside the panel to reset it which i think involves connecting 2 terminals together briefly. Anybody know which terminals? Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Normally just powering the panel down mains & battery (install new battery) and then powering up should cure it, put the lid back on and press reset.

The link you are refering too defaults the panel to factory settings.

cheers

Guest anguscanplay
Normally just powering the panel down mains & battery (install new battery) and then powering up should cure it, put the lid back on and press reset.

The link you are refering too defaults the panel to factory settings.

cheers

careful spider its mains first then battery - why did he reboot it ? and i`ll bet a shiny penny he`s forgot to reprogramme something

ah glad we lock the codes

Angus

........... and i`ll bet a shiny penny he`s forgot to reprogramme something

Angus

nah it will never happen - like PAB zones are now all 12 hr :rolleyes:

:P

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest Dave the alarm man
careful spider its mains first then battery

waits for arfur to draw our attention to the kick start feature............

on his brain?......................................................somebody kick it please! :P:P:P

Oih! - i heard that, you cheeky little wippersnappper's

:P

regs

alan

waits for arfur to draw our attention to the kick start feature............

lol, tbh i never took to these panels, so only deal with one's that were installed by others (usually sparks :rolleyes: )

but i knew about the mains before battery issue.

this just seemed a very bad design issue to me. i don't need panels giving grief when clients takeover an old system which has been mains downed for an extended period, of for soe reason the power has been off for a while. who needs such mean calls?

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
lol, tbh i never took to these panels, so only deal with one's that were installed by others (usually sparks :rolleyes: )

but i knew about the mains before battery issue.

this just seemed a very bad design issue to me. i don't need panels giving grief when clients takeover an old system which has been mains downed for an extended period, of for soe reason the power has been off for a while. who needs such mean calls?

regs

alan

your been ironic right ? - its these mean calls that pay for my second foreign holiday every year lol

Archived