Security Installer Community

Optima Xm

must read the book fully, as I've never know this plastic box with buttons had so many features on it :whistle:

next you'll be telling me I've miss the thousand event time & date log & support for rs232 printer :rolleyes:

well you happy little fella, i ment a manual one, fitted in the panel [yes i'm old enough to have seen them]

Guest Dave the alarm man

:P

:hmm: wire in services timer, would normaly fire off a single circiut rather the whole panel being lit like an xmas tree

did you ever see some asian bloke on the telly lets call him "mr singh" getting exposed on the telly using 'em??

:P

:hmm: wire in services timer, would normaly fire off a single circiut rather the whole panel being lit like an xmas tree

did you ever see some asian bloke on the telly lets call him "mr singh" getting exposed on the telly using 'em??

no, but heard somthing about it. some one told me theres a right cowboy upto it in newcastle???? ring any bells? :eekout:

Guest Dave the alarm man
no, but heard somthing about it. some one told me theres a right cowboy upto it in newcastle???? ring any bells? :eekout:

nah. you can bet your bottom dollar they've got no "badges" , in this life you get what you pay for

Guest anguscanplay

i wonder if arfur mo`s service timer has kicked in and that was the problem, classic duff battery ( the o/p even said mains blip) and uncle arf suspects a relay`s holding the system off ??

as an aside with clouds and silver linings just done my 20th chargable battery callout since the bad weather started last week and they all said " well there was no need to have it serviced was there ?"

i wonder if arfur mo`s service timer has kicked in and that was the problem, classic duff battery ( the o/p even said mains blip) and uncle arf suspects a relay`s holding the system off ??

as an aside with clouds and silver linings just done my 20th chargable battery callout since the bad weather started last week and they all said " well there was no need to have it serviced was there ?"

hi angus

i have already said it's likely to be the battery, it has not taken over on a short 'blip'. we (as engineers) know these panels have a design 'flaw' in that they like to be powered up mains first. but i've not seen one jam all the lights when you go battery 1st on though, so i'm just offering another possible alternative reason.

what is it with and batteries - you got shares? lol

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
hi angus

i have already said it's likely to be the battery, it has not taken over on a short 'blip'. we (as engineers) know these panels have a design 'flaw' in that they like to be powered up mains first. but i've not seen one jam all the lights when you go battery 1st on though, so i'm just offering another possible alternative reason.

what is it with and batteries - you got shares? lol

regs

alan

lol

you never known my family name MR. Angus Yuassa

if i explain this the o/p might work out how to restart his c/u without rebooting

if you power up battery first when installing your not using a dead battery hence the panel isnt trying to load the programme , set the defaults for powering up and RECHARGE A DEAD BATTERY all at the same time.

if he still cant work it out then maybe he should get a refund on " his " new battery and get some help

Angus

OK, i am the O/P and have sorted it out in about 4mins, mains off, open panel, disconnect battery, link two terminals after removing any wires in them (do not panic i will not say which two), replace battery, close panel, restore mains. It re-booted and i just had to set all the timers for bell and entry/exit time after resetting a new entry code. Not difficult and the instruction manual is available to download.

Archived