Security Installer Community

Optima Xm

Hi, hope someone can help. A very brief power outage (less than a second) has caused my Optima XM panel to completely lock up. All the panel lights are lit and the buttons dont work at all. I think this problem requires a new back up battery which i have purchased, but then i need to do something inside the panel to reset it which i think involves connecting 2 terminals together briefly. Anybody know which terminals? Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

sorry, connection two wires or what ever you are thinking is not advisable, unless you know what you are doing. we cannot give information on how to default you panel back to factory default, sorry.

? how old is this panel, it may be more cost effective to get some one in to change the pcb and be done with any further problems..

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Hi, hope someone can help. A very brief power outage (less than a second) has caused my Optima XM panel to completely lock up. All the panel lights are lit and the buttons dont work at all. I think this problem requires a new back up battery which i have purchased, but then i need to do something inside the panel to reset it which i think involves connecting 2 terminals together briefly. Anybody know which terminals? Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

i agree your battery seems the obvious cause of the initial fault, but if it's locked out to engineer reset, then i doubt any engineer on here will tell you how to reset it, as that would be circumventing the legitimate reason for it being selected and possibly depriving a fellow installer of his income.

best you phone your original installer, he/she would have checked the battery on a routine maintenance (had it been done). if your not on a contract, still ask him to call and rectify, and don't be stingy about the bill as you will have saved the yearly fee for possibly 4 years or more, so in truth you can't really ever be out of pocket.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
i agree your battery seems the obvious cause of the initial fault, but if it's locked out to engineer reset, then i doubt any engineer on here will tell you how to reset it,

alan

it`ll not be "locked out to eng reset " but it does need an engineer to look at it

angus

it`ll not be "locked out to eng reset " but it does need an engineer to look at it

angus

i think it has the facility, or it might have a reset module fitted for whatever reason.

not saying its the case here, but i have done similar on a bells only, to protect my interests if i was concerned about being paid for the job. you know the times for the one's who have forgotten the cheque book :rolleyes: .

someone will set it off eventually, and thats hopefully when you get your cheque ;) .

regs

alan

i think it has the facility, or it might have a reset module fitted for whatever reason.

not saying its the case here, but i have done similar on a bells only, to protect my interests if i was concerned about being paid for the job. you know the times for the one's who have forgotten the cheque book :rolleyes: .

someone will set it off eventually, and thats hopefully when you get your cheque ;) .

regs

alan

why not just use a service timer if you havn't been paid?

hi AE,,

i don't use these panels but i have dealt with a few of them on occasions, has it got it's own service timer?

if so or perhaps an add-on module has been fitted ands thats whats tripped.

this is a case the guy needs an engineer to sort it properly.

regs

alan

Guest Dave the alarm man
but if it's locked out to engineer reset,

must read the book fully, as I've never know this plastic box with buttons had so many features on it :whistle:

next you'll be telling me I've miss the thousand event time & date log & support for rs232 printer :rolleyes:

must read the book fully, as I've never know this plastic box with buttons had so many features on it :whistle:

next you'll be telling me I've miss the thousand event time & date log & support for rs232 printer :rolleyes:

i'm too frightened now to mention the built in dualcom and text messenger :cold2:

lol!

regs

alan

Archived