Security Installer Community

Resetting Optima Compact

Once the alarm goes off, the buttons begin to work to allow me to disable the alarm. However. once the alarm has been disabled the buttons no longer work and the tamper light is showing.

Hello Pickers4567, just to clarify a bit on the (accurate) comments made so far:

1. That type of alarm is effectively "locked up" if there's any sort of tamper. You have to clear the tamper before you can operate the alarm normally.

2. As you asked this question in the DIY section it implies you put the alarm in yourself, but your later comments suggest not; i.e. you inherited it.

3. If you put it in yourself and kept the installation instructions they tell you how to set it up.

4. If you didn't put it in yourself, or you don't have the engineering/installation instructions, and/or aren't competent to work on/inside mains-powered systems you definitely need an engineer. The rules of this site (which you hopefully have read by now) prohibit the sharing of engineering documents and defaulting information except between bona-fide accredited Trade members.

Most people here would suggest contacting 3 local firms, possibly ones recommended to you.

Good luck

Is there any way to check whether I dont need an engineer.

I was pressing a few buttons before i fixed it.

I may have changed the settings accidentally.

Quick check - do you know the code to set/unset? Does it work?

If not, you need an engineer. And I'm not being funny. :ninja:

Quick check - do you know the code to set/unset? Does it work?

If not, you need an engineer. And I'm not being funny. :ninja:

Yes - I can set/unset the alarm - but I dont get a warning time to exit the building.

Once I move however the alarm does go off.

Archived