Security Installer Community

Pir In Bathroom

cjay

Guest anguscanplay

well according to most on this forum Mr J Public doesnt need to bother with rules and regs so they will probably just do one anyway hmmm

before considering part 'P' into the problem or any water ingress, using a pir in the bathroom will have the same effect on access to it as using an internal door contact, so either will be omitted or the user will have to have decent bladder control.

to avoid part 'P' issues radio is just made for it, either contact the window, shock the window or as i have done in the past fit a standard pir to a top corner but block out all but the middle zones with the masking material supplied, to give a narrow near red wall effect.

seal the cases properly and carefully with silicone, and i have never had a problem.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

My bathroom still has the looped foil and a contact been there for over 15 years lol

Guest Dave the alarm man
My bathroom still has the looped foil and a contact been there for over 15 years lol

the foil under varish the rest (blocks + contact) wet room :rolleyes:

before considering part 'P' into the problem or any water ingress, using a pir in the bathroom will have the same effect on access to it as using an internal door contact, so either will be omitted or the user will have to have decent bladder control.

to avoid part 'P' issues radio is just made for it, either contact the window, shock the window or as i have done in the past fit a standard pir to a top corner but block out all but the middle zones with the masking material supplied, to give a narrow near red wall effect.

seal the cases properly and carefully with silicone, and i have never had a problem.

regs

alan

I'm learning a lot from this thread. But, what is the "narrow near red wall effect"?

Guest anguscanplay
I'm learning a lot from this thread. But, what is the "narrow near red wall effect"?

almost the same as the coverage patterns achieved by the brand " red wall " - very narrow angle of coverage

Archived