Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 - Repaired

kolobos

Guest anguscanplay
just anyone who has spent any serious time on service, and that means into the early hours will just hate tape joints with avengeance, they never get put right util you had to trace them, and are often hidden in the most awkward to find places.

a j/b is also good but where the repair has to be when dealing with a laminate floor, it's not always easy to make it look nice.

regs

alan

as someone who has serious time spent under floors its all down to doing the job properly in the first place with the quality stuff - not the woollies 99p bargain bin tat but from the introduction of EN?????? g3 its soldered joints inside devices only now im afraid

as someone who has serious time spent under floors its all down to doing the job properly in the first place with the quality stuff - not the woollies 99p bargain bin tat but from the introduction of EN?????? g3 its soldered joints inside devices only now im afraid

this is why i rather strip the cable loop and only cut the cores i need and let the others run on to where it is needed. Although i don't do this often anymore, one device, one cable.

Guest anguscanplay
this is why i rather strip the cable loop and only cut the cores i need and let the others run on to where it is needed. Although i don't do this often anymore, one device, one cable.

its the best way the old strip and run method but not like the one posted last week , yehaa that was bad parnder a good foot of cores showing between devices

the o/p is going to rerun the damaged cables , yeah right

your not self employed are you mr alter? , price of cable nowadays lol

regards

angus

its the best way the old strip and run method but not like the one posted last week , yehaa that was bad parnder a good foot of cores showing between devices

the o/p is going to rerun the damaged cables , yeah right

your not self employed are you mr alter? , price of cable nowadays lol

regards

angus

lol, i was just showing off, i get four devices out of an 8 core.

2 cores power

2 cores tamper

a core each ber device with a poz return link in detector.

:fear::fear::fear::fear:

just kidding

;)

joking aside,

anyone using the 'split zone' facility like on the newer gardtec panels panels? to me just asking for a headache if water ingress ever occurs like in a viper on cold patio doors, i'd rather just fit an expander.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

rewired back to device ?

twisted , soldered and tape ?

jointed two cables to bridge the " chaffed " bits ?

notched the joists so it dont happen again ?

rerouted the cables alltogether ?

lol //.B.W.F.// thats funny

or is it noy meant to be?

i don't care if it's made by nassar, i won't use tape for joint insu;ation only ever for pulling cables, you'd be better off using the sleeve off the scrap cable or small bore systoflex even plastic drinking straws if heat shrink not available, as it will never ever unravel on you.

:hmm: is it why i have so few call outs?

when installing new you can plan J/B's if needed, but usually it's existing the floors, by the time your called in and arrive it's all down, cables broke and your stuffed.

my camera phone was down or i'd have posted a picture, this floooring company removed the cables run across the front door threshhold bar (no, not my work but on a new takeover),they then placed the cables under the new floor but this made the cables to short, so they left them running at each end at 45% angle's each side, and catching on the bottom corner of the front door.

bless!

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

joking aside,

anyone using the 'split zone' facility like on the newer gardtec panels panels? to me just asking for a headache if water ingress ever occurs like in a viper on cold patio doors, i'd rather just fit an expander.

regs

alan

not a big fan myself, those rkp zones on the 490x ain't worth the hastle. i fitted a premier[needed flush chrome rkp] the other day and very muck liked their rkp zones [take note gardtec] and i'm a big gardtec fan, but i good idea is a good idea.

not powered it up yet but so far a may be migrating.

Guest anguscanplay
:hmm: is it why i have so few call outs?

regs

alan

no its because you change your phone number regularly lol

Archived