Security Installer Community

Nite Devil Dome

wombats

Im not quite sure what you are all talking about here.

You are currently in the public forums, the OP has come across the Nite Devil, the only TRADE supplier of the Nite Devil is SystemQ, so unless you are trade the only place to get the Nite Devil is from a company with a SystemQ account that supplies to the public as in the link to the site above.

The Nite devil is a great camera, they can literally be installed straight out of the box with the default settings. The only 2 niggles with these are at night when there is no other source of lighting, moving images do cause a slight tracer and the other is that if you mount them onto a wall you cant angle the camera to actually see the wall its mounted onto without the image being twisted about 45 degrees.

Nonsense,

Paul makes no such claim, got the catalogue here in front of me. No reference to exclusivity at all.

You may want to try here too.

Based on previous information, not worth the bother though. If they were so good, we'd all be fitting them everywhere.

and here:

http://www.digital-world.uk.com/product_in...products_id/756

....to be honest the nite devils aren't a bad camera. There engineer friendly to fit and the image is pretty decent. We've recently installed one in a bar as the owner wanted a dome with a white casing. We'd usually have a DTV-VLD repainted, but the customer wanted a quick install (same day as quote given!)

and here:

http://www.digital-world.uk.com/product_in...products_id/756

....to be honest the nite devils aren't a bad camera. There engineer friendly to fit and the image is pretty decent. We've recently installed one in a bar as the owner wanted a dome with a white casing. We'd usually have a DTV-VLD repainted, but the customer wanted a quick install (same day as quote given!)

Not knocking the kit. It is indeed decent stuff. It's the purpose it is to be used for - based on the assumption it is linked to the OPs earlier post on Dome cameras. Previous suggestions rejected due to cost, and very limited available light. Hence the comment that if the camera was indeed so good in near total darkness, we would all be using them.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Not knocking the kit. It is indeed decent stuff. It's the purpose it is to be used for - based on the assumption it is linked to the OPs earlier post on Dome cameras. Previous suggestions rejected due to cost, and very limited available light. Hence the comment that if the camera was indeed so good in near total darkness, we would all be using them.

They are good in near total darkness, well if your not wanting to identify a moving object. if the object stops moving then you would find it hard to tell if it was actually dark or light outside.

They are good in near total darkness, well if your not wanting to identify a moving object. if the object stops moving then you would find it hard to tell if it was actually dark or light outside.

Fully agree with Rich!

Guest anguscanplay
Fully agree with Rich!

true we told him all this last week - ghostly blur anyone - fgs the spec he posted has a value for " smear "

As shown at begining of thread..

A few people have mentioned this cam to me
That is why i am asking about it and price has nothing to do with wanting to know info.

@Bellman

Thanks for your comments,much appreciated.

@Rich

moving images do cause a slight tracer
Does this mean that moving images will not be clear and identifiable? Or is that only if there is no extra lighting?

Smear is mentioned but i don't know what this feature is for.So is this cam no good for moving images?

Guest anguscanplay
As shown at begining of thread.. That is why i am asking about it and price has nothing to do with wanting to know info.

@Bellman

Thanks for your comments,much appreciated.

@Rich

Does this mean that moving images will not be clear and identifiable? Or is that only if there is no extra lighting?

Smear is mentioned but i don't know what this feature is for.So is this cam no good for moving images?

wombat you got fur in your eyes - none of these cameras are any good at moving images in low light conditions its the law of science - to get enough light onto the chip the shutter has to stay open for longer but the longer the shutter is open the further the object has moved hence its blurred ( slurred ) therfore increase the light or the size of the chip ie to a 1/2 ccd - and increase the cost accordingly

Well what dya know, so it is. Won't be buying from there though so the price still stands

have edited this post as prices were posted

No worries.

Prices quoted were ball park retail, easily available off the web and from the sites posted

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

@anguscanplay

Thanks for that info.I do have some light in the areas to be covered, I have a 90w floodlight in one area which goes to 150w when activtaed by pir movement. The 2nd area has 2x 60 wall lanterns which do throw out projected light onto the area to be covered by the new cam. Might this be enough light or would this still be classed as low light?

Archived