Security Installer Community

Rearm Problem

wouldnt be so bad if we were discussing the actions of a DIY installer but this guys trade

we all gotta learn somewhere 'son'

:whistle:

lol

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
we all gotta learn somewhere 'son'

:whistle:

lol

regs

alan

learn ? or re-invent the wheel so it doesnt actually turn anymore ?

sooner people realise that things are done the way they are for a reason the better

only problem with that idea is both the bells and the internal sirens, including the keypad bleeper are to be delayed for 3 minute's, and there is no provision for line fault to overide the delay. cutting the phone line (which is not unusual) will give intruders 3 minutes 'free' time.

this idea is just such a very bad one, and a complete 'non runner' imo for the reasons stated earlier

regs

alan

true, consider it a work around...

It is not a good idea for a customer.

Suggest you trigger the dialer off the bell output and also the bell (if current capacity allows) and loop the bell and LS feed through a relay(s) attached to one of the vocaliser outputs.

Thus when you are connected to the vocaliser by phone, you can turn off the bell so that you can listen in.

As for the other items on your outputs you may need to connect them together into the other output.

There must be a compromise...

This way the bell will always sound immediately which is good.

And you can turn off the bell/LS so that you can listen in

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Good point Arfur

Vocaliser is designed to be an audio CONFIRMATION device

very correct - and is no better than that.

unlike with an ARC, it has at best only a random chance of communicating to someone responsible for the system within the 3 minute timer window, when the sirens cut in the whole point of this intended design is lost.

when used properly as a reactive (not pro active) warning as is intended it, the time frame is not such important an issue.

i can just imagine, 'granny' comes in to water the flowers and trips the alarm, keyholder booms out over the tanoy side "who's in my house?" granny, being a bit mutton jeff thinks it's God calling her and suffer's a heart attack because she' was an athiest - until then :rolleyes:

lol

regs

alan

learn ? or re-invent the wheel so it doesnt actually turn anymore ?

sooner people realise that things are done the way they are for a reason the better

sound knowledge is born from experience, we all have had 'bright idea's' i'd bet, until they were thought through or tried in practice only to find the out the embarresing pitfalls.

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
sound knowledge is born from experience, we all have had 'bright idea's' i'd bet, until they were thought through or tried in practice only to find the out the embarresing pitfalls.

regs

alan

my best bright ideas were tried at home not on some poor unsuspecting paying customer

Archived