Security Installer Community

Rearm Problem

I've just installed a system with Optima G3 and a pyronix vocaliser.

When the alarm is triggered, the dialler is triggered via the intruder output. There is a 3 min bell delay to allow the user to receive the call from the dialler and listen in to the premises via microphones - obviously if there was no bell delay all you would hear would be the sounders.

The problem I have is that if the customer is away and there is an alarm, the system would rearm after the bell time, but the intruder output wouldn't restore, because it needs a reset at the panel- so if there is a subsequent activation, the bells will sound after the delay time but the dialler will not be triggered because the output is still active from the previous activation.

Anyone any ideas how to get the dialler to trigger every time there is an activation after an automatic rearm, i can't use the bell / strobe output as i need a delay.

My head hurts!

What about using one of the outputs on the vocaliser to trip a relay connected to a zone programmed as keyswitch?

The user could turn off and back on the output, causing the alarm to disarm and rearm, therefore reseting the alarm output.

Bit dodgy if they //.B.W.F.// it up and only disarm though.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Good old timer relay off the strobe output then...

you can link the bell and strobe together if your bell + strobe current is less than the panel can provide.

This will prevent feedback to the panel.

You could get the problem that if you are connected when the system drops back into alarm it will cut you of and redial you!

Alternatively you could trigger the bell normally and put the timer relay in series to hold off the bell for 3 mins?

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

i have to say delaying the sirens on a non police response system is just asking for trouble.

most intrussions are all over and done with within 90 seconds. try it for yourself, start at your patio door and see how much you can grab in that time.

EDIT: Removed Info after complaint from member. Please Do Not Post Info in the Public Domain that could assist a burgalar

the biggest defence to reduce any loss is the siren sounding immediately, intruders hate noise and light, so the vocaliser is best used as a secondary not primary warning of the intrussion to a keyholder.

what if you have a line fault at the time of an intrussion, have you accounted for that problem?).

your client imo is very unlikely to attend within the 3 minute siren delay, and if they did could well be placed in extreme danger of assault or worse by surprising the intruder/s.

if you must do anything, use the vocaliser to silence the sirens once (and only while) contact is made with a keyholder, this could be acheived using a transistorised relay hooked ijnto an output as an interface giving more control over other functions.

my truethful opinion though, this is a very very very bad idea, my very best advice is just don't do it :no: even if you have to eat some horrid humble pie with your client/s :yes: .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i have to say delaying the sirens on a non police response system is just asking for trouble.

most intrussions are all over and done with within 90 seconds.

the biggest defence to reduce any loss is the siren sounding immediately, intruders hate noise and light, so the vocaliser is best used as a secondary not primary warning of the intrussion to a keyholder.

Good point Arfur

Vocaliser is designed to be an audio CONFIRMATION device

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Good old timer relay off the strobe output then...

you can link the bell and strobe together if your bell + strobe current is less than the panel can provide.

This will prevent feedback to the panel.

You could get the problem that if you are connected when the system drops back into alarm it will cut you of and redial you!

Alternatively you could trigger the bell normally and put the timer relay in series to hold off the bell for 3 mins?

only problem with that idea is both the bells and the internal sirens, including the keypad bleeper are to be delayed for 3 minute's, and there is no provision for line fault to overide the delay. cutting the phone line (which is not unusual) will give intruders 3 minutes 'free' time.

this idea is just such a very bad one, and a complete 'non runner' imo for the reasons stated earlier

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived