Security Installer Community

Worst Panel Ever !

In the past ive worked on some **** panels including the old Ademco Vista range ie 4110 etc.

The user and engineer menus were complete pants.

The programming of zones etc were an absolute nightmare.

Im yet to meet anyone who rated this panel.

In fact this panel when knackered displays " I AM DEAD " on the LCD keypad. Which i must admit is the double dogs XXXXX.

Thank **** its obselete

Please stop trying to avoid the bad word filter, read the site rules before posting further.

I agree the 4110 was a bit kak, them ruddy spk mods especially

The 4120 4140 4170 were bob proof tho and were 1000% better

First release of accord XPC //.Large National Installer.// version :( for domestics on DL

Then they announced that with the output board you could bolt on a redcare GSM... and started putting it into commercials :no:

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

First release of accord XPC //.Large National Installer.// version :( for domestics on DL

Then they announced that with the output board you could bolt on a redcare GSM... and started putting it into commercials :no:

worst pane has got to be ATS

If at first you don't succeed...don't try skydiving!

40% of my last employers panels were Vista's. I got used to them and although I agree with the 'unfriendly' programming, it did have a good feature that allowed the alarm to be set whilst the premises were active if armed straight after coming out of engineer mode. Good for testing comms in a genuine situation.

But panels even worse than the Vista, how about the Sterling 10? It had potential but looked awful and was difficult to program even with instructions. Oh, and if anyones ever come across those Optex panels with the 4 buttons arranged in a circle with A, B, C and D on them. Absolute nightmare to figure out. I've got the A4 sized install manual and still get a headache trying to program the things. Then theres the Rebel. An alarm system that was 3 wired. What was all that about then?

I guess I could go on for ever. There are many 'unfriendly' panels out there but I'm being bias with all but the Vista. As the others I've mentioned, I've only ever briefly come across them. I'm sure theres some out there who regularly work on these panels and once gotten used to, may not be all that bad.

ACE.gif

Guest anguscanplay

the VX10? voice speaking auto dialling pile of pants , two numbered push buttons to programme the audible zone descriptors etc - left button = 2 right button = 7 equals the letter B etc

Guest Dave the alarm man
Oh, and if anyones ever come across those Optex panels with the 4 buttons arranged in a circle with A, B, C and D on them.Then theres the Rebel. An alarm system that was 3 wired. What was all that about then?

Tat fitted by secor?

Some panels were not that bad, but not that well thought out. Pyronix why make it so hard to get out of engineer?? Scan 9500 why make it so you have to go through the whole menu to get to where you want?? Regalsafe what was the button all about?? Omega why when the Castle 1250 was so stable?? Arun elite why was the first question asking if you wanted to default? and why didnt the mark 1 ask "are you sure"

Those old dailers direct to the police why couldnt the needle reset itself ? my record player could!!

Pete

In the past ive worked on some **** panels including the old Ademco Vista range ie 4110 etc.

The user and engineer menus were complete pants.

The programming of zones etc were an absolute nightmare.

Im yet to meet anyone who rated this panel.

In fact this panel when knackered displays " I AM DEAD " on the LCD keypad. Which i must admit is the double dogs XXXXX.

Thank **** its obselete

Please stop trying to avoid the bad word filter, read the site rules before posting further.

EUROPLEX and then there is the matrix panel what a god awful inventions :cry:

Archived