Security Installer Community

Multiple Link Downloading Software

tinnitus

im looking for software that allows me to download multiple links on one page. does that make sense?

No, it doesn't :P what are you looking for - something that will scan a page and pick up and action all the downloads in one go?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but I use standard IE7 in XP and if I start one download I can immediately start another and they run in parallel. Only generally worth doing if your link is faster than the individual servers can deliver, or you're off to do something else away from the PC. ;)

No, it doesn't :P what are you looking for - something that will scan a page and pick up and action all the downloads in one go?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but I use standard IE7 in XP and if I start one download I can immediately start another and they run in parallel. Only generally worth doing if your link is faster than the individual servers can deliver, or you're off to do something else away from the PC. ;)

that's OK if you like clicking "save as" dozens and dozens of times and risking the PC locking up because it cant manage to process the commands in any kind of order. the software I'm looking for locates every link on the page, and downloads them in order, one by one, in a Que, with a click or two.

Guest anguscanplay
that looks like the very thing!

i dont intend paying though.

cheers andy

they might have a forum " im not diy i fit security now give me your expensive knowledge for free " lol

sorry andy to good a chance to miss

angus

they might have a forum " im not diy i fit security now give me your expensive knowledge for free " lol

sorry andy to good a chance to miss

angus

ha ha, had to look twice Angus, thought that was a dig at me!

infact is it? it very well could be given recent PM's!

• 2 months later...

If you use Firefox, there is an add-on called "flashgot" https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220 < link to it.

I'm pretty sure it will do as you ask it - using the browser download facility or an external program like "GetRight" not 100% sure, I got this installed at home, never really had the opertunity to full use it yet..

I know this is from a while ago but just notice this and thought I'd add this in.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived