Security Installer Community

This Will Make You You Laugh...

Johnny

I agree, I see it every day people who have a badge in there car park in a disabled place then get out and run to the shops.

People who live with a disabled person and use there car to carry them around deserve the badge but only use it when that person is in the car NOT FOR THERE OWN USE

I think you'll find most of these stories are just not true; I know because I'm disabled and can't get a badge - it's extremely difficult to qualify; by the time you do you probably can't get out at all so it's useless. banghead

1. The whole system has been tightened up a lot in recent years :ninja:

2. Most of the "abuse" is actually by normal healthy people who have stolen a badge from a disabled persons car - smash the windscreen and just take it. You can imagine how much trouble and grief that causes. :realmad:

By the way, there's no such thing as "Registered Disabled" and hasn't been for ages - so whoever said they know such people isn't living in todays world - I think the parliamentary term is "being economical with the truth".

Guest Dave the alarm man
By the way, there's no such thing as "Registered Disabled" and hasn't been for ages - so whoever said they know such people isn't living in todays world - I think the parliamentary term is "being economical with the truth".

okay "Disability Living Allowance" then, blue badge + your road tax paid?

okay "Disability Living Allowance" then, blue badge + your road tax paid?

Only if you are on the high rate mobility. If someone gets DLA it doesn't automatically give them a blue badge;my ex wife was totally blind and could not go anywhere unless accompanied & she couldn't get a blue badge as she could walk.

If at first you don't succeed...don't try skydiving!

Only if you are on the high rate mobility. If someone gets DLA it doesn't automatically give them a blue badge;my ex wife was totally blind and could not go anywhere unless accompanied & she couldn't get a blue badge as she could walk.

Exactly. That's what I meant about it being tightened up.

Seeing it partly from "the other side" I get really fed up (and angry) about people saying the disabled are slackers; there's still just so much discrimination by people and systems against those who are genuinely disadvantaged and struggling.

ALSO, if anyone can be bothered to look up what actually defines a "Disabled Person" (e.g. as used in legal cases of discrimination) you will find that there are lots of things that make you one, but that DLA only applies to some categories; whole groups are just plain excluded from support and have to make the best of things.

So, for example I was "made redundant" not long after my employer was formally notified that I was disabled. In the ensuing legal battle they accepted (eventually) medical proof that I was disabled and settled out of court. I was then unemployed for ages and got no benefits at all after 6 months of paltry unemployment benefit. I'm now self-employed and get no state benefits or support whatsoever.

Guest anguscanplay
. I'm now self-employed and get no state benefits or support whatsoever.

me too so what? i have a disabilty but its not relevant to the work i do

we all know ahem " registered disabled " who can walk and run quicker than us - well me anyway

Well you dont know that much then....As there are a minority that do use badges that they are not entitled too,but there are people that do have badges and are entitled too use them,also a blue badge does not mena you always have a physical disabilty that you can see

i have a disabilty but its not relevant to the work i do

What about the rest of your life? If it's a disability by definition it has a negative effect on your ability to do certain things. The earlier comments by various people weren't restricted to work, in fact rather the opposite (e.g. shopping) ....

hi all,

personally i won't park in those bays or the mother and toddler one's either for that matter, and just because some do it is no excuse for you to do so imo.

the only exception is if i have to unload some heavy kit, and can not get near enough without causing an obstruction to others, but then it's a quick unload and move vehicle.

there was a moan about busy car park and several disabled bays empty, well they would be full and you still would be unlikely to park at thoase times. without those bays the elderly, and severly disabled would be denied access you are fortunate enough to freely enjoy.

my wife has rhumatoid arthritis in both knee's, she can walk just about 100 yards then has to rest, when she sets off it looks like there is nothing wrong with her, but a short period later she can barely move.

My father-in-law suffered from bow cancer, would not use a wheelchair untill really late in his term, the agony of walking a few paces had to be witnessed.

thats why those bays are there - for those who actually do need them, hey but who am i to tell anyone anything?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
Well you dont know that much then....As there are a minority that do use badges that they are not entitled too,but there are people that do have badges and are entitled too use them,also a blue badge does not mena you always have a physical disabilty that you can see

exactly mr mj i was having a sarcastic dig at them that " use " a friends,relatives or stolen blue badge

Archived