Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 tamper fault

Guest aliause

Guest aliause

Hello All,

I've just bought a new place with an existing Veritas system fitted. Being rather wet behind the ears with this sort of thing, whilst painting, I tried to nudge a PIR sensor in the living room but the lid came off in my hands and triggered a full scale wail from the alarm. I reconnected the lid, and managed to shut off the alarm but the tamper light will not go and wont let me set the alarm now. All I get is a single bleep whenever I try the set routine. I've tried user code-reset and engineer code-reset but both still ellicit the same bleep - any suggestions for an idiot novice who's now in constant worry for his stereo?

Thanks muchly if you can help

Al

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aliause

Yes, I've done that, I've even given the spring a little stretch as suggested in the manual but this still wont make the tamper light go out and hence I am unable to set my alarm.

Yep Peter is right its gotta be the pir tamper, maybe you didnt put the cover back on correctly?

If you take the cover off again, hold the spring in and get someone to try a reset that may prove it.

Unless you have managed to break something!

Some PIR`s have a ledge inside which pushes against the detector tamper spring, unfortunatly some detectors like the old PulseScan plus can have the sensor lid put on upside down and off course their aren`t 2 ledges.

So check and Make sure the detector lid has gone on the right way up.....

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Find the tamper pair inside the pir and twist them together, if the tamper clears problem is with the pir. Just a long shot though before doing that- you did press RESET didn't you?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest aliause

Your collective wisdom has bowled me over. I tried them all but the one that got it back on it's feet was the old on and off routine - pull mains fuse - pull battery - reconnect battery - reconnect mains fuse - enter user code - hey presto, just like new! Thanks for stopping by to save my stereo - I wanna dedicate this next song to you all ......

hitit

Thanks all

Al

• 3 months later...
Guest ghost
Hello All,

I've just bought a new place with an existing Veritas system fitted. Being rather wet behind the ears with this sort of thing, whilst painting, I tried to nudge a PIR sensor in the living room but the lid came off in my hands and triggered a full scale wail from the alarm. I reconnected the lid, and managed to shut off the alarm but the tamper light will not go and wont let me set the alarm now. All I get is a single bleep whenever I try the set routine. I've tried user code-reset and engineer code-reset but both still ellicit the same bleep - any suggestions for an idiot novice who's now in constant worry for his stereo?

Thanks muchly if you can help

Al

10781[/snapback]

Guest ghost

Ignore previous posting, just registered and getting used to the site.

All programmable panels are the same and I have installed the Texecom Premier panel and others in South Africa. If I recall there is an option in one of the menu's that enables or disables tampers to be reset by the end user or by a technician that has to use the technicians code for resetting.

It sometimes depends on what has been enabled in the alarm panel that the end user can perform without calling out a technician.

Tampers are not always resetable from the detector but has to be reset from the keypad as this prevents unobserved tampering by unauthorised persons before the system can be set.

Hope this helps.

Archived