Security Installer Community

Karizma+ Power Supply

Dom

to ALL members

please do not challenge any moderator in the open forums when performing their duties, as by the time we answer umpteeen more post appear, confusing the thread and costing a lot of time to rectify wit deletions - and you all hate that.

when moderators act you may not understand or be aware of all the issue's. if you wish to challenge why a post was edited/deleted then pm the moderator concerned as per the site rules - existing posts will be deleted and warnings issued for further posts contravening these rules

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

wow hang on a minute darren i gave good advice at the start it was arfur mo saying about the neon screwdriver business.

the edit sparky was because you wrote 112 months warranty - i don't know any company who offer that? thats why you pm a mod and ask why

Arfur

Soory if I offended you. But it would be better advise to just say get a pro in than to say use a neon screwdriver.

What if someone did & got a shock from it.

I'm sure some cheap ass claims firm would be willing to take a pot shot at you!

As for me getting an installer round.

Well If after I have replaced the transformer & battery & checked the fuse ratings, If it still doesn't work: Then i will likely fit one myself (Just like the karizma that i currently have that i fitted 9 years ago)

absolutely no offence taken Dom,

i'd sleep less well if i did not take the trouble to advise caution if proceeding yourself, and you got hurt. the strong advise was there and backed uo sparky169 to use a pro as the first and safest option, the rest was in case you did not and done the work yourself, i might then have saved your life if you were a diy'er.

personally i've never heard of a shock serious or otherwise received through a decent undamaged neon screwdriver, i have a 'hot finger' in the bag as well as my multimeter, i also carry a TMK mega (for others reference). however i have known plenty of people who got a shock just diving into equipment without any sort of safety check. the current needs to pass through the neon as well as the high value limiting resistor. agreed yes it could happen and i bet has, but there's a much much lower risk against not checking with anything at all, bar a naked finger.

i'd guess you battery was not changed in the nine years, i recommend change them every 2 years, with definitely a maximum of 4 years. as batteries age they often pull more current to keep them charged and subsequently damage charging circuit. on the karizma+ i think from memory there is a large resistor on the pcb, its in the battery path to limit the current to the battery and which burns out, think it's 12 ohms 20 watts will look like a small burnt smoked sausage.

regs

alan

Thaks all for your help. a 18v Transformer from RS is the way forward then. Shame I will have to wait till Tuesday. There was a time when you could buy such things from Maplin. Not any more, only good for remote control cars &

Guest anguscanplay
Thaks all for your help. a 18v Transformer from RS is the way forward then. Shame I will have to wait till Tuesday. There was a time when you could buy such things from Maplin. Not any more, only good for remote control cars &

nothing to do with trees is it :question:

:roflmao:

Either someone as logged in under your login/password or you are under the influence of a substance i appear to be promoting.

What are you on about??

Guest Sparky169
Either someone as logged in under your login/password or you are under the influence of a substance i appear to be promoting.

What are you on about??

you know very well what im on about cubit and so do you angus and chorlton :yes: :lol :P

Archived