Security Installer Community

Is This Setup Any Good?

Hi, this is my 1st post i think.... So hi to all....

ive looked at many posts, to find out whats good and not good, and ive been offered a

galaxy 504 v4.37 panel

galaxy sms v5.02 comms

serial pc comms module and software

//.Large National Installer.// bellbox and strobe

honeywell keyprox keypad and 3 keys

honeywell non keyprox keypad

2 pirs

1 mag contact

100m 8 core cable

12v battery

and... free fitting with no contract or maintence agreement care,

All items are brand new.

all for 340 cash....

Is this a good setup and price?

The system is for a 2 bed home, which this setup does meet my needs

No system is to big for a 2 bed house if you get the install wrong you cant get help except for somewhere like this

sw

anything sold at less than market value for cash is knock off, as for all the other idoits who want "cheap" jobs by pals done, ***** great idea......... untill you need it fixing out of hours, whoops can't set the alarm pals on his jolly holidays but is back at end of month, get a proper with a contact in place.

are you being serious terry?

this site has an equipment wanted section, did you know that? I'm 100% sure its all above board but I'm also sure not 1 member who posts on it expects to pay market value.

my mate is a gas fitter of 15 odd years and i would trust him to help me with his skills, does that alone make me an idiot? i know I'm tempting silliness here but still.

Guest anguscanplay
are you being serious terry?

this site has an equipment wanted section, did you know that? I'm 100% sure its all above board but I'm also sure not 1 member who posts on it expects to pay market value.

my mate is a gas fitter of 15 odd years and i would trust him to help me with his skills, does that alone make me an idiot? i know I'm tempting silliness here but still.

help been the operative word here - sure you may buy him a drink or more but the originators pal was doing this as a commercial install

help been the operative word here - sure you may buy him a drink or more but the originators pal was doing this as a commercial install

hey angus, hows the ibanez?

I'm just a bit miffed at terry's generalising. everyone like a good deal that doesn't make them idiots and to be fair he wasn't at that point talking about the originator's friend.

I'm off to my scratcher now, will check back tomorrow.

cheers chaps

Morning,....

Well the alarm is in, it works like a dream, well all it can for a 3 zone setup, i went for a bbackup siren inside too, and got a free rio expander, so looks like i could be on the way 2 getting my 500 zones filled(ish)..... my next plan is to start putting home automation with it, as ive got the keyprox, maybe ill get put the door latching on the front door just to be lazy, the install went well, theres not a cable onsite anywhere, as the installer is a friend, i got to see the engineering menus and ways or disabling things if it did every false alarm......

Thanks to the people who answered my original question, and to those who started assuming other thoughts then your comments were noted... i like the amount of posts for just a simple question..

Thanks again...

Guest anguscanplay
Morning,....

as the installer is a friend, i got to see the engineering menus and ways or disabling things if it did every false alarm......

Thanks to the people who answered my original question, and to those who started assuming other thoughts then your comments were noted... i like the amount of posts for just a simple question..

Thanks again...

sk8nride

see that could start another 60 post reply :no: "disable things if it did false alarm", if its fitted properly to the current regs you shouldnt be able to and your friend has made your security worthless

Archived