Security Installer Community

Is This Setup Any Good?

i guess ill give this person the benefit of the doubt, i have all the gear sitting in my garage waiting to be fitted, ill see how it goes with the install and hope for the best as although it sounds like good kit, the intstall is where it happens.... i dont play to pay untill its all in.

I was after the ethernet module instead of the serial mod, but i understand their hard and expensive to get hold of, and again on ebay and the internet, cant seem to source one... any1 got any price guides?

Hi, this is my 1st post i think.... So hi to all....

ive looked at many posts, to find out whats good and not good, and ive been offered a

galaxy 504 v4.37 panel

galaxy sms v5.02 comms

serial pc comms module and software

//.Large National Installer.// bellbox and strobe

honeywell keyprox keypad and 3 keys

honeywell non keyprox keypad

2 pirs

1 mag contact

100m 8 core cable

12v battery

and... free fitting with no contract or maintence agreement care,

All items are brand new.

all for 340 cash....

Is this a good setup and price?

The system is for a 2 bed home, which this setup does meet my needs

IMO your mate has stolen this kit from his employer. As for value it is good value for money as other members have said the purchase price of this equipment is worth far more than

Hi, there is no catch, its installed by a friend installer of a national company, just wondered if it was a good deal, as i was going to go with infinate wireless setup as its a rented house, but this person said there are the top of the wireless market, but nothing beats a hardwired alarm, and im wondering, although the installation is normally the expensive part, weather this is a good setup or not

I would say as the house is rented the Wireless would be a good idea as you can easily uninstall it yourself when you move and take it with you. Modern wireless systems are very reliable.

cheers

Dave

Hi, 2 be honest the wireless one would of been a much eaiser choice, i could of installed it myself and knew where i was with it, if anything went wrong i could accept it and deal with it myself....

As far as the ethernet side goes, im only after it as its more modern than the serial one, i only wanted a alarm really which did txt'in and control with a pc, the toy part rather than the security....as the house is rented i only have enough stuff here that im prepaired to loose plus nothing is expensive that i have, computers and stuff arnt worth much, and its all insured so which everway i cant loose....

You lot are wind ups! ;)

I doubt the gear is stolen, probably second hand after one of his companies customers probably had an upgrade or takeover with upgrade. For a start the panels a galaxy 504 to which now does not fit in the with the new regs.

That a good price for that mate equipment mate, although the panel is a bit over the top, it is a good panel. A galaxy 8 panel would still be over the top for your house. :P

Chris

all the keypads/pirs/contact/cable/bat are new in their wrappers still, the panel and comms may well be a rip out or 2nd hand, but its unmarked and the boards inside havent seen dust, so it really is in the best condition, now if it works once installed is a different matter, and i may well have to run the risk of the hassle of changing it if it doesnt work....

Hope not through, i like to think big, i maybe in a 2 bedroom 3 zone setup now, but im keeping my mind and alarm system open for expansion...... I will get all them 500 zones working for me in the future!...

Thanks all for your thoughts....

Guest anguscanplay

even if the stuff is wrapped and the panel is from a rip-out itsgot a dodgy provenance and if its nicked its nicked and you could be recieving - i expect you wont get a lot more help from this site

even if the stuff is wrapped and the panel is from a rip-out itsgot a dodgy provenance and if its nicked its nicked and you could be recieving - i expect you wont get a lot more help from this site

Ok, i understand your view, and i appreicate that, and lets just say that although i am getting a good deal, whereby part of the goods are legit and new, and the panel side is from a ripout, and im being sold something at a good price, and the person is installing the goods as its a quick and simple install and that the person just wants to install it and get paid... then theres no problem.....

but saying that i may not get alot more help from this site just because that some people may feel that its WARM in some way, dont you think that all of you installers out there have something that was taken on purpose or just didnt think about it at the time from a paying customers site somewhere down the line, even its its a customer who had a rip out and its a complete panel, or surplus to requirements, or a customer bought a roll of cable, and you took the rest of the roll, weather its large or small everyone has something of someone elses, its the nature of the beast...

I believe in helping anybody whos anybody, information is free, and although im not paying for this from this site, i would like to think if people are sitting infront of their computer and knows the answers to peoples questions that they have the spirit of helping people, i havent asked for help just asked if it was a good deal, and everyone is intitled to their opionion and im happy to recieve anything from people, but what i dont like is 1 person quoting things on behalf of others.

Guest anguscanplay
Ok, i understand your view, and i appreicate that, and lets just say that although i am getting a good deal, whereby part of the goods are legit and new, and the panel side is from a ripout, and im being sold something at a good price, and the person is installing the goods as its a quick and simple install and that the person just wants to install it and get paid... then theres no problem.....

but saying that i may not get alot more help from this site just because that some people may feel that its WARM in some way, dont you think that all of you installers out there have something that was taken on purpose or just didnt think about it at the time from a paying customers site somewhere down the line, even its its a customer who had a rip out and its a complete panel, or surplus to requirements, or a customer bought a roll of cable, and you took the rest of the roll, weather its large or small everyone has something of someone elses, its the nature of the beast...

I believe in helping anybody whos anybody, information is free, and although im not paying for this from this site, i would like to think if people are sitting infront of their computer and knows the answers to peoples questions that they have the spirit of helping people, i havent asked for help just asked if it was a good deal, and everyone is intitled to their opionion and im happy to recieve anything from people, but what i dont like is 1 person quoting things on behalf of others.

so your saying the panel has had a previous use

sorry sk8nride i own my business and anything that gets "ripped out" belongs to the person paying for the rip out or me as-part of the update cost and unless a //.Large National Installer.// member of the forum can come foward and say that //.Large National Installer.// knowingly let their engineers have the ripped out equipment or half a roll of cable then youre in the wrong.

As said earlier if your mate worked for me and did private work at weekends then he welcome to have all the time he wants

as for the "dont you think that all of you installers out there have something that was taken on purpose or just didnt think about it at the time from a paying customers site somewhere down the line" thats theft plain and simple no we dont do it and dont condone anyone who does,same again your friend can take all he wants in future hes risking his livelyhood for a couple of hundred quid

if a private member wants to give you help then thats their choice but any one who makes it his business to prevent crime :no:

Archived