Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 & 9930 Keypad

KevD

Just a quick thought Kevin

Check that none of the key pad buttons are stuck down. This can happen and give the impression that you are only entering 3 digets as the first will already be pressed by the one stuck down on power up.

This was the first thing i checked - it doesn't appear to be sticking

Are you pressing "0" before entering the engineer code?

Hi,

When first powering the unit up via the battery - as per the initial start up instructions (kick start) - the keypad unit lights up as normal and the display reads something like "version 2 June 2002" - the instructions then advise when shorting the kick start pins that the internal sounder may go off - it doesn't - you then need to enter the factory user code - which is 4 digits - i can't get past this part as the keypad is only accepting 3 digits. I've tried skipping the user code entry and going straight to entering the engineers code - starting with a 0 - however it still only seems to accept 3 digits.

Just a thought - The bell box has been wired, however the battery terminal has not been connected - do you reckon this may have something to do with it?

Sounds like the wrong code is being entered from what you say. What does the display say when the panel beeps?

The display doesn't change from showing the version number and date. I'm wondering whether the fact that the bell box battery terminal is not connected yet may have something to do with this? (see post reply)

If a total default doesn't help it would seem to be knackered if no codes are being accepted. Connecting the battery at this stage doesn't have any effect. Power up with only the keypad connected although having other devices on it really shouldn't make any difference.

Hello KevD

You should power up the panel using the mains and then connect the battery, enter your user code to stop all the sounders that are going off, then go into the 'installer' mode by using the engineer code. Sorry I have not read all of the posts but if the panel is brand new then there is no need to short the reset pins together only in it is second hand.

If this does not work, then remove all of your detector wiring and try again, still no joy then your panel is faulty.

Good luck

If a total default doesn't help it would seem to be knackered if no codes are being accepted. Connecting the battery at this stage doesn't have any effect. Power up with only the keypad connected although having other devices on it really shouldn't make any difference.

:no: trust me on this - just trust me :yes: i add some simple words - 'earth leakage'.

on Chvbbs you are tought to fit and test the panel 1st, then do an 'installation and an insulation' test virtually on pain of death - has proved to be damn good teaching over the years.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
:no: trust me on this - just trust me :yes:

regs

alan

wont make a blind bit of difference

if its like the old 9600 check the dip switches on the back are set correctly -one of those used to be to display the panel number

at what stage are you removing the short from the " kick start " pins

and if it works im more than

wont make a blind bit of difference

if its like the old 9600 check the dip switches on the back are set correctly -one of those used to be to display the panel number

at what stage are you removing the short from the " kick start " pins

and if it works im more than

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived