Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 & 9930 Keypad

KevD

Hi Everyone,

This being my first post - i'll try and explain my problem the best i can. I recently had a scantronic 9651 panel and 9930 keypad fitted in my home. The fitting was carried out by a friend who fits alarms in his spare time. When we carried out the initial start up procedure (as directed in the installation manual) to gain entry into the installer mode the keypad would only accept 3 digits instead of the 4 required i.e. a pleasant "i'm accepting your entry" type of beep for the first 3 digits followed by a "i'm not accepting that" kind of beep for the fourth - it then emits the same tone for all entries (as if it's locked out). We can't get to the stage of inputing the engineer's code as it only seems to accept 3 digits. When you remove the battery etc and start again it does the same thing i.e. accepts 3 digits but no more (am i missing something??)

I'm unsure why this is happening and was wondering whether (a) the panel has not been wired correctly or (b the keypad is goosed. :hmm:

We've tried the factory default code procedure as per the manual to no avail

I'm happy to get a professional alarm guy out to have a look at it, however i'm not sure who to contact - i did try a few local alarm fitters when i first got the panel, however their words were something like "oh it's a scantronic panel....sorry i'm very busy!!" - you get the idea. So if anyone knows a good fitter/engineer in the Ayrshire area of Scotland pls let me know.

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Hi Everyone,

This being my first post - i'll try and explain my problem the best i can. I recently had a scantronic 9651 panel and 9930 keypad fitted in my home. The fitting was carried out by a friend who fits alarms in his spare time. When we carried out the initial start up procedure (as directed in the installation manual) to gain entry into the installer mode the keypad would only accept 3 digits instead of the 4 required i.e. a pleasant "i'm accepting your entry" type of beep for the first 3 digits followed by a "i'm not accepting that" kind of beep for the fourth - it then emits the same tone for all entries (as if it's locked out). We can't get to the stage of inputing the engineer's code as it only seems to accept 3 digits. When you remove the battery etc and start again it does the same thing i.e. accepts 3 digits but no more (am i missing something??)

I'm unsure why this is happening and was wondering whether (a) the panel has not been wired correctly or (b the keypad is goosed. :hmm:

I'm happy to get a professional alarm guy out to have a look at it, however i'm not sure who to contact - i did try a few local alarm fitters when i first got the panel, however their words were something like "oh it's a scantronic panel....sorry i'm very busy!!" - you get the idea. So if anyone knows a good fitter/engineer in the Ayrshire area of Scotland pls let me know.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

hi Kevin,

welcome to the forum, i'm sure one of our members will not be so 'doughty' and contact you in due course.

meanwhile, i assume you having rechecked your connections to the keypad and panel it is always best to work on an errant panel fault with the minimum wireing connected. so disconnect all wiring except the key pad and panel, fitting links into the zones, as it's just possible you have a short between wiring outside the control panel giving you a strange condition

scantronic have a very good and respected brand name in the industry, many use other makes simply out of personal preference.

have you contacted whom you bought it from for advice/replacement?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance

Kevin

hi kevin welcome to the forum

one quick question did you pay your friend for the install?

there are a few similar posts to yours on the forum with several solutions in the archives you can get to them by using the search button at the top of the page

angus

hi Kevin,

welcome to the forum, i'm sure one of our members will not be so 'doughty' and contact you in due course.

meanwhile, i assume you having rechecked your connections to the keypad and panel it is always best to work on an errant panel fault with the minimum wireing connected. so disconnect all wiring except the key pad and panel, fitting links into the zones, as it's just possible you have a short between wiring outside the control panel giving you a strange condition

scantronic have a very good and respected brand name in the industry, many use other makes simply out of personal preference.

have you contacted whom you bought it from for advice/replacement?

regs

alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for replying - i have checked the connections, but will go further and isolate the panel and keypad - i can't contact the sellers as they went out of business.

Kevin

hi kevin welcome to the forum

one quick question did you pay your friend for the install?

there are a few similar posts to yours on the forum with several solutions in the archives you can get to them by using the search button at the top of the page

angus

Hi Angus,

Paid him

Hi Kevin,

as all the cables are now in, and detectors i assume are properly connected on the end of them, if your panel is faulty you could cut your losses and obtain another one, many will fit the bill Texecom range being amongst the easiest (as proved by so many pro's on here who use them :whistle: ).

regs

alan

Yes, this thought had crossed my mind - it would probably save a lot of hasstle!

Just a quick thought Kevin

Check that none of the key pad buttons are stuck down. This can happen and give the impression that you are only entering 3 digets as the first will already be pressed by the one stuck down on power up.

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Archived