Security Installer Community

Nice Wiring

uski

The question I have to ask is why? Lack of experience, lazy or was it the trainee. The easy way to sort this out is to take a photo (like you already done), put it right take another photo for proof and then deduct your time in money from the subbies payment. Its the only way to make subbies learn that if they want work then they need to do it properly. In this case I can see no excuses for doing that way. I am subby and it annoys me when I see things like this because this guy calls himself a subby when really he is a 'chancer', lets see what we get away with attitude

Its sad.

Kev

Wish people on here would stop getting confused between chancers and subbies.......Most decent subbies know that theyre only as good as their last job, that engineers from the client will always blame everything on them, cos theyre jealous and think theyre losing out, misssing overtime etc. Smetimes the subby sorts out the mess, but has to do it as best he can with the time, price and materials that are available, gets everyone out of the shyte, then 3 years down the line it was him who bodged it - ring any bells with anyone ??

Chancers are the ones who havent got a clue, anything from auto electricians, electricians mates, to sky installers etc. what I cant understand is how / why they get the jwork in the first place, usually cos they undercut somebody. Good subbies aint cheap - you only get what you pay for.

Anyway, some of the worst things I've seen have been done by employed 'engineers' often approved company ones at that.

Worst thing I seen done with telephone cable was feeds to a 240V Pan & Tilt Head, nicely done, in steel copex, by the companies employed engineers. Quality job in a prison down in dorset. worked for 3 years, then the same companies engineer ordered a replacement head to cure the fuse blowing........... There were half a dozen or so PTZ cameras, some outside in the street, all done the same way, only one had failed, but the company I was doing the work for ( not the installers ) had to be persuaded that the others needed tto be put right.

im working in a little shop installing security at the mo .old trunking running everywhere, not nice. its also quite untidy. the previous owner had left a drum of mains cable in a corner, i thought nothing of it and it wasn't in my way so i didn't touch it. the new owner and my customer was moving sockets and was trying to trace cables from the fuse board, guess where the cable wired into the 30 amp fuse went?

that's right, the cooker, only joking it was the drum of cable in the corner, live and 30 amps!

Love your avatar tinnitus!

Is it Lionel Rich(tea)ie?

I'll get my coat...

Kate

x

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived