Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2 Panel Issues

Has anyone come across the major issue with the range of Galaxy G2 panels not having Security zones, i can not understand why they have left this function out, if a customer wants a fire door for instance to operate local sounders we have to fit a 144 zone control panel even if the system has 2 zones am i missing something or is this insane?

Has anyone come across the major issue with the range of Galaxy G2 panels not having Security zones, i can not understand why they have left this function out, if a customer wants a fire door for instance to operate local sounders we have to fit a 144 zone control panel even if the system has 2 zones am i missing something or is this insane?

i have no experience with G2 but in case it doesn't have a zone exactly suiting your needs i am quite sure you can work around it..

the g2 was mainly designed for the domestic market,it is a poor panel i think it does have a 24hr zone but it sets the exernal bells off too..try the g3 48 it was made for this purpose and is resonably priced..

the g2 was mainly designed for the domestic market,it is a poor panel i think it does have a 24hr zone but it sets the exernal bells off too..try the g3 48 it was made for this purpose and is resonably priced..

It has been launched as a domestic / small commercial panel that has 44 zones with a lot less functionality than the previous 16 and 18 versions, not seen the 48 panel, if its not suitable for commercial systems upto to 40 zones (hich would be a rather large commercial install) does that not make a sham of the whole grading structure?

It has been launched as a domestic / small commercial panel that has 44 zones with a lot less functionality than the previous 16 and 18 versions, not seen the 48 panel, if its not suitable for commercial systems upto to 40 zones (hich would be a rather large commercial install) does that not make a sham of the whole grading structure?

the new grading structure is a total waste of time,its just a money making scam imo,in reality fitting a g2 pir to a g3 system isnt going to make a lot of difference in any but they say it does..+ the police charge for urn's is going up and the number of fa's is going down so more new graded systems being installed....its not rocket science more fa's = new systems =more wonga for plod issuing urn's=peeved customers all round who will end up going bells only with speech dialers and security keyholding firms....its the future ive seen it... :whistle: just wait to see which big player goes into keyholding and that will be it,the death of police responce..

the new grading structure is a total waste of time,its just a money making scam imo,in reality fitting a g2 pir to a g3 system isnt going to make a lot of difference in any but they say it does..+ the police charge for urn's is going up and the number of fa's is going down so more new graded systems being installed....its not rocket science more fa's = new systems =more wonga for plod issuing urn's=peeved customers all round who will end up going bells only with speech dialers and security keyholding firms....its the future ive seen it... :whistle: just wait to see which big player goes into keyholding and that will be it,the death of police responce..

Good points we are been asked more and more for speech diallers / redcares with keyholding response

Good points we are been asked more and more for speech diallers / redcares with keyholding response

ive seen that a lot too..you ask the customer why he has redcare with no police...coz the insurance says so...so the insurance co is happy for redcare with keyholder responce..that signals the way the industry is going,its not nsi or ssaib that run this industry its the police and insurance co's..they say were 10 yrs behind the usa,most systems in the usa are guarding co' responce..they willhave to get it sorted or there will be no nsi/ssaib and it will be a free for all with those with the biggest control room and the biggest dogs the main players in alarm responce..

Your site links to Doncaster Danum Scouts! :huh:

Where do you think the DD comes from in DD243!!!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Its the same here in South Africa. Security companies providing armed response. They respond useually within a couple of minutes of an activation.On an intruder activation they are on the phone before you can even get out of bed to switch it off. :)

cheers Kev

Archived