Security Installer Community

Rascal Super Alarm Sounds When Power Cut

SarahC

Hi,

I have recently moved into a property with a Guardall Rascal Super alarm installed. When we turn off the power to carry out DIY the alarm sounds. I have tried replacing the battery with no luck. Any ideas as we have lots of DIY to carry out?

Thanks

Sarah

Hi,

We fitted a new battery and the problem persists. Although the old battery was fitted black to red and we put the new one in black to black as this seemed the correct way to us. How do I find a reputable engineer?

Thanks

Sarah

Guest anguscanplay
Have you fitted a new battery or are you having problems putting a new one in?

If you have replaced the battery and the problem persists, it sounds like you have a faulty panel and you will need to get an engineer in im afraid

very good advise in my opinion sarah this control unit is know to blow intrernal fuses when having to deal with power cuts when the battery is duff

maybe you will need to have sensors moved for decorating etc as well so get relationship going with a local firm sooner rather than later

Ok so I called out an engineer and they said the Alarm was too old to get parts for so they had to disable the alarm completly and offered to install me a new alarm. Is this true? I know it would be better to have a new alarm but really can't afford one with all the DIY that needs doing, is there anyway of getting it fixed or would that probably cost more than a new one?

Thanks

Sarah

Ok so I called out an engineer and they said the Alarm was too old to get parts for so they had to disable the alarm completly and offered to install me a new alarm. Is this true? I know it would be better to have a new alarm but really can't afford one with all the DIY that needs doing, is there anyway of getting it fixed or would that probably cost more than a new one?

Thanks

Sarah

hi Sarah,

you might get it fixed if it needs to be, but i'd bet it will cost near the same as good modern budget panel, and likely no warranty will be offered. if you post inviting a local engineer from the forum to contact you by PM, they should within reason be able to give you a budget price as all the detection is already in place.

most will want a maintenance contract with you, but not all. discuss it first then invite. if you don't know of a reputable firm you would be best advised to call an local NSI or SSAIB registered company. might be dearer than a non-registered but you should have recourse if things go wrong. there are also good honest no-registered firm's (like mine) but best to seek reference's from someone you trust.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived