Security Installer Community

Home Intruder Alarm Advice

Hi all,

Hope I have come to the right place, aplogises if not. I am after a intruder alarm for my house and knowing very little (if anything) I have a couple of questions.

I have been having a look around on the net for systems and at first I thought about an //.National Installer.// wireless just for ease of install but having a read about here I am leaning towards a //.National Installer.// wired system. My main concerns are wires, I hate wires and was wondering how they get run throughout the house? Will they be concealed or run under carpets etc... is there a standard way of doing it?

I have attached an image (hopefully) of my house layout so hopefully that will be of help. What I think I am after is 3 lots of door contacts, one for the front door and the other two for both sets of french doors in the living room and kitchen leading into the garden and 3 sets of PIR sensors, one for the living room, hall and kitchen.

What I had in mind is at night only activate the door contacts when asleep and when out activate the PIR's and door contacts. Would this be possible to configure via the control panel?

Price wise I had in mind about

post-11844-1173117450_thumb.jpg

I would recommend shock sensors as well as contacts for the patio doors, you may want a pir in the study(where is your computer?) and another pir on the landing.

Any panel should be able to be set up as shocks/contacts for part set and everything for full set.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

first take a look on this site, there are four companies list under your police force area.

get three quotes, ask questions like, where would the cables go? let them do a risk assessment and give you free quotes.

any doubts come back on here and ask about what you are not sure on.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest anguscanplay
I would recommend shock sensors as well as contacts for the patio doors, you may want a pir in the study(where is your computer?) and another pir on the landing.

Any panel should be able to be set up as shocks/contacts for part set and everything for full set.

sorry breff

the above comment shows why it is impossible to give you a specific advise about your security requirments without a full site visit and risk assesment taking into account things such as ( but not limited to ) building construction , volume area , distance, exit routes etc etc

use the site directory , friends recommendations and any insurance notes on the policy to get a minmum of three quotes from established installation companies and remember that some of the best installers in the business are not a member of the assosiations then make a decition from there

often the installer may be the surveyor or if not ask if the installer can come to site first before recieving the qoute

purely personally i have spent the last twenty years amazing customers with the way we as an industry hid the cables etc and my own view is a wired system will always outperform a wireless

check further back in the forum for many discussions about that very subject

sorry breff

the above comment shows why it is impossible to give you a specific advise about your security requirments without a full site visit and risk assesment taking into account things such as ( but not limited to ) building construction , volume area , distance, exit routes etc etc

use the site directory , friends recommendations and any insurance notes on the policy to get a minmum of three quotes from established installation companies and remember that some of the best installers in the business are not a member of the assosiations then make a decition from there

often the installer may be the surveyor or if not ask if the installer can come to site first before recieving the qoute

purely personally i have spent the last twenty years amazing customers with the way we as an industry hid the cables etc and my own view is a wired system will always outperform a wireless

check further back in the forum for many discussions about that very subject

Why sorry fella?

didnt want you to think i was dissing your advice

How dare you!! (as per max&paddy)

Guest anguscanplay

like the bit about some of the best installers not been on the regulators lists - put that in so arfur mo didnt get upset

Archived