Security Installer Community

Cat Detector

moon

Someones been thinking similar thoughts.

;)

Patents can always be circumvented

Especially when the text describing the patented thing has been badly thought like in this one

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja::D

I'd love to see a prototype of Franks version, just to see it ejecting all the foul water out of the ends of the pipe once the blower starts up.

Hi moon,

I would strongly suggest your cat has a kidney problem and a visit to the vet is called for.

Don't know what you have but tom cats urine is stronger than a queens (no jokes please, I'm being serious), this is used for marking its territory.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

hi everyone,

just got to tell you all this event, the ruling half asked me what on earth was i laughing so much about last night into the early hours, not ammused as i kept her awake (for the 1st time in ages), so i explained the original topic and the subsequent humour over breakfast, and still spasms of laughing as i did.

through all this she sat emotionless, not even a flicker or a titter at my mirth or why, she just waited patiently and silently for me to finish with one of those disapproving looks all women are born with. then she asked me with all the technical understanding she could muster "so is his cat called 'fanny' then?"

i'm going to be :roflmao: all weekend relating that one to my freinds and family :rolleyes:

mr moon, i'm wishing you had never started this thread mate, and now so will my wife :whistle:

:)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Holy over-engineering Batman :)

Thanks for all the suggestions, and I'm glad Sting & Daisy have triggered some mirth.

I'll digest your ideas over the weekend, and update you all next week (probably with more specific questions).

magpye - thanks for your kind concern, but the issue is solid rather than liquid if you get my drift.

On a only vaguely related topic, one of my favourite toilets was at a ski lodge in Japan - it was a looong drop to a septic tank with an extractor fan sucking the air half way down the drop. A totally odour free toilet and views of the slopes to boot.

hi everyone,

just got to tell you all this event, the ruling half asked me what on earth was i laughing so much about last night into the early hours, not ammused as i kept her awake (for the 1st time in ages), so i explained the original topic and the subsequent humour over breakfast, and still spasms of laughing as i did.

through all this she sat emotionless, not even a flicker or a titter at my mirth or why, she just waited patiently and silently for me to finish with one of those disapproving looks all women are born with. then she asked me with all the technical understanding she could muster "so is his cat called 'fanny' then?"

i'm going to be :roflmao: all weekend relating that one to my freinds and family :rolleyes:

mr moon, i'm wishing you had never started this thread mate, and now so will my wife :whistle:

:)

regs

alan

My mate mike has got a cat called fanny when he told me I couldn't stop laughin. I mean come on imagine shouting your cat up the street called that you would defo get the net's twitching lol

Anyway back to the thread I have two cats but they go outside to do there business. But wouldn't the noise of the extractor scare the kitty of the tray. Just a thought.

My mate mike has got a cat called fanny when he told me I couldn't stop laughin. I mean come on imagine shouting your cat up the street called that you would defo get the net's twitching lol

Anyway back to the thread I have two cats but they go outside to do there business. But wouldn't the noise of the extractor scare the kitty of the tray. Just a thought.

Hi BASS,

this a 2kg cat, it will look wit distain at the fan and 'that the best you got' :)

as we are having some fun with this - sorry if a bit off true topic, as a teenager so there was a well known middle aged spinster called Fanny Shure (this is no joke). she suddenly married a guy called Ian (Morgan) Wiffin, can you just imagine the address's on the letter post.

Mr & Mrs IM Wiffin

Miss F. Sure

Mrs Fanny Wiffin

fortunately no off spring so no 'Junior Wiffin's' either :rolleyes:

regs

alan

hi loom,

if you serious on making this project, and depending on your budget, and you want to have a more 'elegant' approach, industries use various detectors on things like bagging machines and conveyor belts to weigh the contents and indication for location of bags etc. variations include either preset or adjustable to allow for differing contents.

i don't know if you leave a light on at night, if so a photo cell could also be used. so have a look on the RS Componet site for idea's i'm sure you will find something suitable.

a good suggestion made earlier, is the cheap flood light for detection and timing, the electronics will need to be relocated into a ip65 box of some kind for neatness and safety.

my idea would be to hook it to a bathroom/kitchen vent extractor timer to whatever sensor chosen, which keeps the extractor operating for a few minutes after the light is switched off.

depending where the litter tray is, you could use one of those auto air fresheners you see in many establishment toilets, i think screwfix.com sell them.

regs

alan

Right guys think this topic's been answered and need's to be closed. If all mod's are in a agreement I'll close this topic now :closed:

Archived