Security Installer Community

Why

mjw

hi uski,

you don't have to run a company, just work in this industry or fire or cctv or access control as an engineer or tech.

apply for trade and get 'vetted' and you away with the mixer

from your comment so far, i for one hope and look forward to your further participation.

in the public area's we have to be cautious, many may be very capable of installing and servicing their own systems, but others are more confident than they are capable in their abilitie's.

we also have to watch for any info which might be of use to a criminal for obvious reasons as they to can view the pulic area's.

regs

alan

> The Public sections of this community will get a lot better in the not to distant future.

I feel that the public sections are fine !

If my opinion is important to you, here here what I'm lacking:

- The ability to send PM to people ! Sometimes a discussion is better being held privately than publically, especially for people like me who do not have access to the trade section and who do not want to disclose some potentially dangerous things to the full public.

- More technical info :( It's too bad that the public forum is very general. I would love to have more technical discussions such as panel reviews, and so on, it's partially why I'm here and I feel a bit frustrated :(

But I still like the forum, don't worry :P

[PS: This message is typically one that I would have sent privately]

uski

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

> The Public sections of this community will get a lot better in the not to distant future.

I feel that the public sections are fine !

If my opinion is important to you, here here what I'm lacking:

- The ability to send PM to people ! Sometimes a discussion is better being held privately than publically, especially for people like me who do not have access to the trade section and who do not want to disclose some potentially dangerous things to the full public.

- More technical info :( It's too bad that the public forum is very general. I would love to have more technical discussions such as panel reviews, and so on, it's partially why I'm here and I feel a bit frustrated :(

But I still like the forum, don't worry :P

[PS: This message is typically one that I would have sent privately]

uski

to send a p.m you just click on users name and select send message....easy...i think :rolleyes:

to send a p.m you just click on users name and select send message....easy...i think :rolleyes:

just like cutting glass - dead easy when you know how.

i got loads of crystals and pretty shapes from trying, and i still can't do it :cry:

regs

alan

I can't see people's profile, this is forbidden for standard members I guess

I can only reply to other's messages :)

EDIT: Hmm after defaulting the settings of my browser (IE)... I now have the nice little menu appearing and I can send messages :D

I totally agree with all comments so far. I find that I visit this forum less and less due to the fact that some peoples replys', both in public and trade were nothing short of rude, to the extent I couldnt stay silent and had to say somthing to said persons.

If you have something constructive and helpful then by all means post, but if it is to try and look high and mighty and belittle newcomers to the site then dont say anything at all.

Its not about the amount of posts per member but the quality of the discussions and topics raised.

I hope the new moderators will keep the the posts on topic and not at a tangent as has been in the past.

I know there have been some major changes recently but this forum is widely respected in the industry and im sure it will evolve into a new and better site.

I totally agree with all comments so far. I find that I visit this forum less and less due to the fact that some peoples replys', both in public and trade were nothing short of rude, to the extent I couldnt stay silent and had to say somthing to said persons.

If you have something constructive and helpful then by all means post, but if it is to try and look high and mighty and belittle newcomers to the site then dont say anything at all.

Its not about the amount of posts per member but the quality of the discussions and topics raised.

I hope the new moderators will keep the the posts on topic and not at a tangent as has been in the past.

I know there have been some major changes recently but this forum is widely respected in the industry and im sure it will evolve into a new and better site.

We can do this together working as a team and helping each. All we ask is if you don't know it don't answer it. If you don't understand it then ask but keep you rude,sarcastic comments to yourself. This forum is improving and becoming a friendler place to be. But we are going to be more stricter and tighter

Enjoy and work together as a team

hi secomandy,

the above image as portrayed has bothered many good members, and the comments you make echo those and my own thoughts. while personally well able and bitty enough to defend myself, more placid members who have real knowledge turn away after saying 'why bother with that lot' so just not good enough.

the new public moderation team are all of the same mind and determination i.e. to improve this forum as best we can. we have all been given a 'mandate' to do so and we will all work as a team, not in a 'fuedal baron' system which seemed evident in the past.

we also think like any good football referee, you won't even know we are there most of the time, but we will take strident action where it is needed, especialy targeting bullying in my case, having been on the wrong end of attempts on far to many occasions. so early days we might be seen as heavy handed while some people get the message and adjust.

please everyone, we are also 'learning on the job' so give us your support, understanding and help, it is badly needed and will be very deeply appreciated by the whole membership who will gain a much better forum.

regs

alan

This flaming of public members will be stopped by the new Public Mods. I am sure that they will do a good job if not I am sure they will hear about. So give them a bit of slack and let them settle into their new positions.

Same token no engineer manuals codes etc will be given out in the public section.

cheers Kev

This flaming of public members will be stopped by the new Public Mods. I am sure that they will do a good job if not I am sure they will hear about. So give them a bit of slack and let them settle into their new positions.

Same token no engineer manuals codes etc will be given out in the public section.

It's about time this site had a good shake up, out with the old and in with the new. I was starting to visit less and less as the rude and bully boy tactics on here I found very unprofessional.

I hope now the sniping and one upmanship will stop and we can address the damage done to this site by it.

Arfur a mod??, I didn't vote but if I had he would have been top of my list.

The older I get, the faster I was.

Archived