Security Installer Community

Galaxy Classic Sensor Wiring

jezf

That in the squirell cage? and buy it from Henry's too?

i have no idea wot point your trying to make.!

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Ive always tended to run anything that requires data on belden just to be safe, if we do a takeover though and the detectors are wired in beldon or telecoms cable in some cases it doesnt get taken over lol

We wire all our 12-24v camera feeds in beldon, back to the DVR area if volt drop permits.

So we can upgrade a static to a dome at a later date without running any additional cables. We would just ask for a fuse spur next to the camera and move the psu, then use the beldon for the RS485.

You should have a word with our install lads about running extra cables just in case lol, they dont listen to us when we tell em then complain when they have to do some work

in that case why did you just say only the keypads need to be beldon????

you talk ish mate.

ps: all beldon for rios on the old galaxy, on the new ones it can be alarm cable upto 100m i think.

I hope your right as we have just cabled a job in normal alarm cable, as that is what we were told to use. We have never used or installed Galaxy before, only using it on this job because that is what has specified. Are they any good, I know a lot of companies use them but I have heard that they do far to much when all you want is an intruder system.

Kev

Ive just been asked by the boss if I can get a Fire damaged Galaxy to work so the investigators can get the logs, dont know whats worse, the challenge or the smell lol

Archived