Security Installer Community

Recording "copy Blocked" Programs From Ntl Box

Deltaseven

Not sure if there is an easy fix, but I am trying to record a program from ntl's on demand system to my HDD recorder. After about 5 seconds, the unit displays "Copy Blocking Detected" and stops recording.

I am not trying to do anything dodgy - you can record the program when it is live, but not from the On Demand service, and I know I won't have time to watch it before they delete it to make way for the next episode...

I have tried using a scart-RCA converter and sending the signal to the HDD recorder via the Composite inputs, but that hasn't worked.

Any suggestions - its not the end of the world but I don't like to be beaten...

cheers!

D7

Guest Peter James

Its the software on the hard drive recorder and the transmition from NTL if its pay per view it is copyrighted, the same as you are not allowed to copy dvd rented from blockbusters.

pete

I am not trying to do anything dodgy - you can record the program when it is live, but not from the On Demand service,

Yes, you are doing something dodgy if you succeed. :ninja:

Read the T's and C's for the on demand service.

They could cut you off. :wacko:

You are allowed to time shift some "live" programs (but not necessarily all), but definitely not the on-demand ones.

Hello, I had a similar problem with Telewest. I wanted to record the Deal or No Deal 250 winner off the free Teleport replay service and basically what happen is the DVD recorder came up with copy protected then stopped recording. So I tried recording thought the Aerial connection still the same. The way I managed to record it is with the pc. The quality was ok with my 6-year-old TV card. I got very faint thin black bars, which I think was the copy protection.

djrock

Who does have one in this day and age. Go on hands up .

Me, cos i have loads of old videos that i have not got copied to dvd and they wont do it to music videos either.

Still got somewhere the sega mega drive and other early game machines.

Someone shoot me

cheers

• 4 months later...

The problems you are experiancing is more than likely MACROVISION COPY PROTECTION which is detected by the recording device and then blocks the recording giving you a warning. There are leads available to filter the signal so that the recorder does not see it and lets you record ok.

You should ideally be using a scart from the NTL box to the input of the recorder and not RF connections as the macrovision filter / blockers are scart cables and also are usually powered at one end with a dc supply i.e. 12volts.

IM NOT! reccomending this site but this is the sort of thing you require and you could maybe find a cheaper alternative Macro Remover

Steve...

Who does have one in this day and age. Go on hands up .

i have a Sony SLV E930, it was the knat's nutts when i bought it for editing cam corder footage, i-link, jog/shuttle 4 inputs, 4 motors cost me

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived