Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c Problems

Hi there, I am a newbee and DIYer (gulp) with a problem on my Texecom Veritas 8C control panel.

It is a self install in a private residence and has worked well for a number of years until a series of power cuts came along.

This normally had no effect on the system but the last one left the alarm dead to the world, no buttons, sounds, nothing. After a few days it sorted itself out and was totally back ot normal.....til the next power cut.

Now it will not stop soundint the internal buzzer at the control panel, only removing the power from the transformer stops the noise! I do note that the battery is still connected and yet the internal buzzer and lights are not activated, new battery perhaps? Or is theis in fact the problem?

When I power up again (mains for transfomer) the system starts to arm itself but my code is not accepted and it all ends in tears with the internal sounder going off again. Grrrrrrrr. The green led for UNSET is lit, if this has any bearing on the situation.

Anyway, thanks for listening, just glad to get it off my chest......

My name is Robbie and.......I have a problem with my alarm that .......I can't........I can't.......fix myself!

There.......I said it phew. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Robbie

hi

fit a new battery. be aware the codes may be back to factory default. and your alarm may need reprogramming.

while inside the panel be aware of the mains supply

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

....has worked well for a number of years until a series of power cuts came along.

This normally had no effect on the system but the last one left the alarm dead to the world, no buttons, sounds,

How many years, and when did you last replace the battery?

Several pro's have said that's the most likely cause. There have been many debates here about how often to change batteries, but every 4 years or so seems to be a common figure if you don't have a means of testing them properly.

While you're at it, don't forget the bell-box battery - comments I've seen imply they last longer, but.....

Hopefully, as you installed it, you know how to work on it safely, still have the manuals and can set it all up again. :whistle:

Thanks for your comments, I think the common held view is battery duff and panel has reset to factory defaults as well. The battery is about 3-4 years old I would guess, so it probably has done well and needs retired.

Someone asked if the external siren went off, answer - no. If it had we would have been auto dialled up, so I am certain that just the internal sounder went off.

I'm off to try the 0000 code to see if that works, problem is......where did I put that engineer manual???

I am a DIYer!

Forums are great, thanks again.

Robbie

no 0000 is not the default code, the user default code is CODE REMOVED BY MODERATOR (Alarm Guard) so you may be able to contact texecom for a manual but they may not give you one, im not sure till you speak to them

hope this helps

cjt

Thanks, I have left an email with them for help and access to the engineers instructions, if not I'll have to skip it and get a new panel or system.

Best regards

Robbie

no 0000 is not the default code, the user default code is CODE REMOVED BY MODERATOR (Alarm Guard) so you may be able to contact texecom for a manual but they may not give you one, im not sure till you speak to them

hope this helps

cjt

tut tut colin

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

Archived