Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c Problems

Hi there, I am a newbee and DIYer (gulp) with a problem on my Texecom Veritas 8C control panel.

It is a self install in a private residence and has worked well for a number of years until a series of power cuts came along.

This normally had no effect on the system but the last one left the alarm dead to the world, no buttons, sounds, nothing. After a few days it sorted itself out and was totally back ot normal.....til the next power cut.

Now it will not stop soundint the internal buzzer at the control panel, only removing the power from the transformer stops the noise! I do note that the battery is still connected and yet the internal buzzer and lights are not activated, new battery perhaps? Or is theis in fact the problem?

When I power up again (mains for transfomer) the system starts to arm itself but my code is not accepted and it all ends in tears with the internal sounder going off again. Grrrrrrrr. The green led for UNSET is lit, if this has any bearing on the situation.

Anyway, thanks for listening, just glad to get it off my chest......

My name is Robbie and.......I have a problem with my alarm that .......I can't........I can't.......fix myself!

There.......I said it phew. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Hi Robbie, sounds like you need the engineers code, which if you dont have, you will have to restore default settings to the panel. Its a really simple procces, but i gather i cant reveal it. But there is an option in the programming menu which prevents you from restoring default settings without engineer code. So it depends if this has been turned on or off. If I were you I would try and get my hands on an installation manual (cos its all in there), if not, get a new panel.

Robbie

Well, Texecom responded first thing this morning and after punching in the engineers code all returned to normal (apart from all the zones resetting to default so I had to re-do all that stuff)

So a big thankyou to you all for your time and comments, I say again, forums are great.

All the best

Robbie

Archived