Security Installer Community

FAI SECURITY GUARD II

Guest salguod

Guest salguod

Can anyone help me. I have a FAI S£CURITY GUARD II and one of my electronic keys has stopped working although the battery has been changed and the lcd lights up.

I think the problem started the last time the main unit needed charging, the battery might have been fully drained, and as I have had the alarm for several years it could be that the main battery needs changing.

Also could someone please supply me with a copy of the programming flowchart and any other technical info on re-programming the FAI SECURITY GUARD II as I would like to buy and programme up electronic keys for my children.

THANKS

• 1 year later...
Guest cameron

Hi - I also am needing some programming reference info for a SG-II . My Email is cwhitnal@au1.ibm.com ..

Background ...

I have a FAI SecurityGuard SG-II (SG2). I have the users manual, but the unit seems to have lost its programming. Base unit and U1 Radio Key are working just fine, but additional installed PIR stations are now not being monitored and the second radio key pad (U2) is being ignored. (battery replaced) .

I would please like to have a programming reference guide (or info) sent to me if at all possible. I can get the unit into some form of programming mode using the power pack and on/off key. When using the OFF key to get into xxxx programming mode I see options such as U1->U8, D1-> D8, dr, dP, SC, rJ 5d, dL and so on, and some sub options (using the U1 radio key ON button to display) - I suspect this is in some form of feature enabling in depth programming mode.

I can see U1 has lots of settings but U2->U8 have just a dash ( -) as does D2->D8. Indicating these features have somehow become un-configured.

Thank you in advance..

Cameron Whitnall. :unsure:

• 1 year later...
Can anyone help me. I have a FAI S£CURITY GUARD II and one of my electronic keys has stopped working although the battery has been changed and the lcd lights up.

I think the problem started the last time the main unit needed charging, the battery might have been fully drained, and as I have had the alarm for several years it could be that the main battery needs changing.

Also could someone please supply me with a copy of the programming flowchart and any other technical info on re-programming the FAI SECURITY GUARD II as I would like to buy and programme up electronic keys for my children.

THANKS

sorry, engineering manuals/defaults we can't supply as per site rules and for others security,

tbh you might think about getting a newer panel, modern designs have non-volatile memory so in the event of total loss of power the 'keys' are retained.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived