Security Installer Community

Bt Inspiration - Busy Lines!

Andyfrodsham

Sorry Alarm Guard, I quoted you when I meant to quote the other poster. You obviously have your working A ok.

Incidently, we do the same thing - two lines into the PBX, one has the normal number ringing all phones, and the other is the fax line which rings just the fax extension. All outward going calls can go out on either line. Makes sence to utilise the fax line for more than the fax! We have DSL on the main line.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

It's my main line .... which is line 3 in my Inspiration. (I don't use lines 1 & 2 cos they don't work)

Ah right, maybe that's why it works since it's not "line 1" as I did read somewhere on some of the PBX they now offer BB support so you can utilize a "VOIP" like service and i think that needs BB on the main line and that to be in Line 1 and for the PBX to have the correct card in that slot else it spots the BB and gives you "two fingers" basically and either doesn't work or you don't get online, of course trying to get BT to figure this out is not always easy...

"Hello my name is bob how can I help you ...." said with as strong non-british accent, and not just a brummy one..

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Ah right, maybe that's why it works since it's not "line 1" as I did read somewhere on some of the PBX they now offer BB support so you can utilize a "VOIP" like service and i think that needs BB on the main line and that to be in Line 1 and for the PBX to have the correct card in that slot else it spots the BB and gives you "two fingers" basically and either doesn't work or you don't get online, of course trying to get BT to figure this out is not always easy...

"Hello my name is bob how can I help you ...." said with as strong non-british accent, and not just a brummy one..

The Inspiration is a dated system and does not have provisions on any lines for broadband use for VoIP. It is a bog standard system that can be used with PSTN and ISDN line cards. No VoIP or DSL capabilities.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Archived