Security Installer Community

Mobile Phone Viewing Enabled Dvr

Taylormade

I have just been approached by a firm called CCTVMOBILE.COM to distrbute there products in the UK. Have a look at there site see what you think.

I have played with this kit and it is quite good, note that the capture card needs to be installed in a PC, which must be stable and accessible from outside the network.

Its not possible to use VPN with this right now, so is not as secure as you might think - it leaves an open PC on an internal network accessible from outisde.

refresh rate is rather good and some ptz cameras can be supported.

TSS

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

I heard that Modern Security Solutions have now enabled a version of software for viewing via mobiles for their Affiant NVR's

MSS

speak with Andy for details

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

• 3 weeks later...
I heard that Modern Security Solutions have now enabled a version of software for viewing via mobiles for their Affiant NVR's

MSS

speak with Andy for details

I have tested all the AVtech Dvr's and can connect to them via my 3g phone.

• 2 months later...

Im told the x-vision DVR2Ta model (think its that model) has 3g phone access. If you want my 2 cents worth, Over regular broadband 1024down 128up most DVR's seem to srtuggle as most broadband providers cram as many subscribers on one line as possible. So the fact that 3g and hsdpa can be patchy to say the leat i fear this technogoly might be a few years off being perfect. Plus as you all probably agree using a DVR real time in front of you can be annoying enough, using it over a phone n et w ork well its gotta be w o rse (does my tping remind you of a call you had recently)!!

The network designers are currently working on a high high speed network back end. Right now its 3.6GB which is impressive but withing 3 ears we may see 13GB mobile broadband, it wont be cheap but my will it pee off the landline boys, and make mobile IP CCTV a realistic propsal.

If I were you Id tell your clients to invest in a toy that works unlike motorola startacs off th cctv industry.

Fla

(its cool to be different but dont show off)

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

VOICE VIDEO DATA NETWORKS

Check Visit Website , they can stream to nearly any mobile handsets and also offer PTZ control with 64 device control such as lights, doors,alarms, etc too.

Look no further as their solutions is great in picture quality and frame rates and controls :rolleyes:

Is that recommendation as a customer or as the supplier?

Im told the x-vision DVR2Ta model (think its that model) has 3g phone access. If you want my 2 cents worth, Over regular broadband 1024down 128up most DVR's seem to srtuggle as most broadband providers cram as many subscribers on one line as possible. So the fact that 3g and hsdpa can be patchy to say the leat i fear this technogoly might be a few years off being perfect. Plus as you all probably agree using a DVR real time in front of you can be annoying enough, using it over a phone n et w ork well its gotta be w o rse (does my tping remind you of a call you had recently)!!

The network designers are currently working on a high high speed network back end. Right now its 3.6GB which is impressive but withing 3 ears we may see 13GB mobile broadband, it wont be cheap but my will it pee off the landline boys, and make mobile IP CCTV a realistic propsal.

If I were you Id tell your clients to invest in a toy that works unlike motorola startacs off th cctv industry.

Fla

(its cool to be different but dont show off)

Hi Fla

Its true the X4DVR, X8DVR, X16DVR and XDVR2 all have mobile phone viewing and playback now. We have tested it with a Nokia N95 and it works well, frame rate is slow but thats a network limitation as you have said.

Its the first version of the software so is still fussy as to what phones are used, for example the Nokia E series phones do not work.

Best regards

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Fla

Its true the X4DVR, X8DVR, X16DVR and XDVR2 all have mobile phone viewing and playback now. We have tested it with a Nokia N95 and it works well, frame rate is slow but thats a network limitation as you have said.

Its the first version of the software so is still fussy as to what phones are used, for example the Nokia E series phones do not work.

Best regards

Peter

I am new to the forum but thought I would offer a "cost effective" solution to viewing CCTV cameras from anywhere in the world via a compatible Mobile phone. You do not require a PC to view the cameras or fiddle around with PC cards, nor do you require a DVR, although the module can work with a DVR, with BNC connectors. The unit comes in 1, 4 or 6 camera modules, All that is required is a broadband connection, and a connection to the cameras. If your customer has a DVR we supply the appropriate T pieces to connect the module to the DVR. Your customers should be able to view their CCTV cameras using our module and software within half an hour. No need to worry about static IP addresses, no prior knowledge of networks is required to set up the system. Simply Unpack it, Plug it and View.

Viewing the CCTV cameras can be achieved in 4 ways;

1) Compatible Mobile Phone

2) PDA using windows mobile 5 or above

3) Windows XP Viewer for PC

4) Via our website

All the software for the above is provided FREE of charge for a limited period only. so your customer can choose how they view their CCTV cameras depending on where they are and what they are doing.

If you have more than 6 cameras just add another module.

The module also has a separate alarm input (Separate purchase) which can be connected to PIR's etc that trigger alerts by email or SMS (chargeable service). Recordings can also be stored on our Visual Verification Solution (VVS) Server (chargeable service) .

We have also added a relay input (separate purchase) that plugs into the module that will enable your customers to switch lights on and off, open gates etc via their mobile their phone, PDA, PC viewer.

If anyone would like some more information or our installer price list please email me at harold@security-technology.co.uk and I will be happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Taylormade,

Alnet can offer PC based systems to view live video on mobile phone.

You can check if it will work with your mobile phone. You need to download demo software from the server and install it on your mobile phone. Then you should use the client application to connect to one of the demo servers. You should be able to view at least one demo installation from Gdańsk on your Nokia 40, 60, 80, 90 series or Sony Ericsson p 900.

here is the link to server:

ftp://85.219.169.140/ or ftp://85.219.169.140/install/vdrc/phone/

1. DEMO EUROPE GDANSK HDTV:

Server Address: dluga.vdr-s.com

Port: 9000

Login: demo

Password: demo

2.DEMO ALNETSYSTEMS USA HDTV:

Server Address: us.vdr-s.com

Port: 9000

Login: demo

Password: demo