Security Installer Community

Mobile Phone Viewing Enabled Dvr

Taylormade

I have a handful of clients who wish to view their cctv over the mobile phone. I have researched the market and have found 3 stand alone DVR's which support this facility, I purchased one of them from Y3k and it turned out that it doesnt support it in the UK, (they offered me suitable compensation and im happy) but i still need to find a reliable DVR which will support it.

I dont want to buy another one to find my self in the same situation, so i was hoping to find someone who has tried the following 2 DVR's

AVTECH http://www.avtech.com.tw/english/product_13_783.htm

and one by avermedia http://www.averm.co.uk/avermedia/aver/prod...4NET.asp?show=9

as always any relevant advice is valued

cheers

LT

DM do have an unreleased Windows Mobile software package which allows viewing on a PDA. I have it on mine and well... quite honestly it sucks. It's slow, it's update rate is pitiful (probably about 1 pic every 10 secs) on GPRS, and not much better on WiFi. It's reliant on a very expensive Java RunTime package (Esmertec).

If you're still interested... ;)

--

psumner@dmicros.com

Manufacturer

Try gate2info.com.....

cheers

Thanks for that, however the package looks like it will only support 1 camera at a time, which is connected to a PC, I am looking for a solution which will enable remote access of a DVR to show multiple channels. An all in one package that is designed to work together, without having to add on bits and pieces. Thanks anyway all constructive suggestions are always valued.

:P

DM do have an unreleased Windows Mobile software package which allows viewing on a PDA. I have it on mine and well... quite honestly it sucks. It's slow, it's update rate is pitiful (probably about 1 pic every 10 secs) on GPRS, and not much better on WiFi. It's reliant on a very expensive Java RunTime package (Esmertec).

If you're still interested... ;)

Have you tried the Y3K version, if it compares to that, I would be happy. at the end of the day I will be targeting this solution towards the Directors of my client database for their homes, all they want is a gizmo they can show off to their friends.(Boys and their toys)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Sorry so long getting back to this - what's the Y3K version like?

It is acceptable. Just for your info, ive just tried the new Avermedia 1304Net , which has very slow refresh rates over PDA, but it seems reliable. The refresh rate may be doen to my crappy xda mini PDA.

• 4 weeks later...

The best one that I have seen working is the one from Xanboo - and it looks like they are setting up in the UK too... http://www.myhome247.co.uk/

I'm a bit biased because I wrote the software for their "soft button" feature whereby if the home owner sees an intruder, they click a button on the phone and a signal is sent to a monitoring station operator so that they can contact police with a video verified alarm (in the US). The camera panning feature is awesome and the refresh rates seem acceptable.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

Archived