Security Installer Community

Gate Remote Control

Customer of mine has electric gates fitted and wants to replace a couple of controlers.

I haven't seen them before, called Genius. 65x35mm with 4 soft buttons. http://www.easygates.co.uk/bft-remotes-gibidi.asp list one as compatible with "Genie" which may/not be the same one.

Are there any other suppliers of this make or can anybody on list source me some?

Easygates

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Customer of mine has electric gates fitted and wants to replace a couple of controlers.

I haven't seen them before, called Genius. 65x35mm with 4 soft buttons. http://www.easygates.co.uk/bft-remotes-gibidi.asp list one as compatible with "Genie" which may/not be the same one.

Are there any other suppliers of this make or can anybody on list source me some?

Easygates

Are they dip switched or rolling code? Or fixed code?

Are they dip switched or rolling code? Or fixed code?

Good old dip switch, 9 of um.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

Whilst i think another way would be to get 4 new standalone radio cards hard-wire them into the 4 gates doors ect and use their fobs to activate.

Bit more expensive but they will have a longer product shelf life for spares.

cheers

Whilst i think another way would be to get 4 new standalone radio cards hard-wire them into the 4 gates doors ect and use their fobs to activate.

Bit more expensive but they will have a longer product shelf life for spares.

cheers

That was my first idea, I use the powercode stuff a lot for bespoke jobs involving remote control, I might yet put in one of the single channel recievers and get some remotes for that. However the last time I used them the remotes were a bit chunky, not the keyfob sort I would prefer for gates.

Where did you get the four gate doors from? I said the remote had four buttons! At least that's what I was trying to say! :rolleyes:

When I said controlers I mean "remote" controlers, sorry!

My Amateur Radio Forum

i use visonic stand-a-lone as they make a nice 4 buton fob

regs

alan

That's the stuff, Visonic powercode, love that tune as you program the four channel units, DD Da!! :whistle:

My Amateur Radio Forum

I like the Gibidi rolling code, piece of p*ss to program, press button on receiver, press remote, job done.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived