Security Installer Community

Advice On....

been asked today by a cleint if know anything about plant monitoring, which my answer goes tech alarm on a spare channel, :whistle:

so do you chaps know any better, want to know 3 things high temp (over 16 degress) low temp (less than 1degree) & mains fail all for a server room, tells me the kit does not have a relay ouputs so requires a stand alone set up?

the clients advises me stand alone units are available for this sort of thing with a built in sim card????

any advice / links posted or pm'ed welcome

SD2 with a monitored PSU?

SD2 has 2 outputs, they can be programmed for High and Low Temperatures, wire those into 2 of its own inputs and wire the mains fail from the PSU into another input.

It'll need a phone line though.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

It'll need a phone line though.

great minds ect...... I was thinking speech dialer, but if the power fails there will be no line to dial out on??

mentioned he can buy something off the shelf for a grand to do the biz, I've never heard of anything being a mere alarm monkey :whistle:

if the power fails there will be no line to dial out on??

How so? battery in psu.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

How so? battery in psu.

Might be on a PABX, re other thread power fail lines gone.

Get a Galaxy and use sms on a direct line. Saying that a SD2+ will do the same.

cheers

been asked today by a cleint if know anything about plant monitoring, which my answer goes tech alarm on a spare channel, :whistle:

so do you chaps know any better, want to know 3 things high temp (over 16 degress) low temp (less than 1degree) & mains fail all for a server room, tells me the kit does not have a relay ouputs so requires a stand alone set up?

the clients advises me stand alone units are available for this sort of thing with a built in sim card????

any advice / links posted or pm'ed welcome

Something like this...

http://www.sendtech.co.uk/index.shtml

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

sd3 is gsm based

from the pdf

An SD3 can communicate via a PSTN line, a GSM network or via both together. In this instance, the user can

select which connection should dial out first. The unit is fully self-programmable letting you enter up to ten contact

telephone numbers, select the type of message (voice or SMS text) which should go to each and allowing you to

store spoken or text messages created to suit your specific requirements.

The programmable remote access feature lets you dial into the unit via fixed land line or mobile phone from anywhere

in the world, and access four programmable outputs that can remotely switch electrical apparatus or switch on

indicators for a wide variety of technical information signals. An integral thermometer can be pre-set at any given

temperature from 0

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived