Security Installer Community

Which Panel?

gladiator

Fitted one cp8l didnt like it, just my prefference although i do agree on them being reliable from what i hear.

Dont touch the sterling 10.

Excel panel is great but why have they said its an r8+ with excel rkp, it is but just seems a strange way to put it as texecom advertise it as an excel kit.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I was wondering that in the not too distant future will wireless alarms become the norm when installing into domestic situations as the technology improves?

Maybe not the norm, as many installers, (who have an intrinsic fear of wireless), will continue to drive hardwired installations with all sorts of reasons.

However wireless, for standard domestic, is actually advancing very well and continues to offer facilities not yet available to many wired panels eg two-way audio, family message centre, SMS text messaging, GSM plug-on and so on. Equipment may be a bit more expensive but then labour costs should be less so it's swings and roundabouts and in my experience many customers eyes light up when you mention no need to lift carpets and floorboards.

No matter what reassurance we give on the place looking as good as new when we have finished, with many customers there is a perception of hassle with the installation of wired systems.

I am also going for a speech dialler installed with the CP8L -a texecom speech dialler model. Is it best to have a separate speech dialler or go for a panel with one built in? (do these panels exist?

The GardTec CPX, which is the higher end version of the CP8 has an onboard synethised speech dialler. So you just get a numerical digitised "voice" rather than your own programmable one. If your keyholders are prepared to hear a series of digits for location as opposed to you "saying "this is XXX and my alarm is going off" then the CPX will be cheaper than have an external SD.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

My plan is that once the speech dialler goes off there is a number of options.

First (once I installl CCTV) is to check it on my phone. My next door neighbour will have access to my keys and also can leave a set with my cousin (lives 5 mins away). So if I am on holiday thats my response.

I am looking at installing a cctv system to watch the back of my house which is the most at risk. I was looking at buying a proper night vision cctv camera and then connecting it to my pc via a card and uploading images to a website (so if the pc gets nicked I will at least have some pics) I can then view the images on my phone.

(sounds good in theory)

Archived