Security Installer Community

Menvier Ts510 - Replace, Or Upgrade ?

roydonaldson

And the alarm company need to make a profit .... otherwise what is the point of doing it..

i think its more of a point that they need to make aprofit else they wont be there in 2 years time when you need support. Loads of companies spring up working on extremly tight margins only to find they can support what the have fitted so go under. Nothing is free. Ill be interesed in the 2nd opinion though mate

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i think its more of a point that they need to make aprofit else they wont be there in 2 years time when you need support. Loads of companies spring up working on extremly tight margins only to find they can support what the have fitted so go under. Nothing is free. Ill be interesed in the 2nd opinion though mate

This is of course absolutely true, if it was just a case of arrive, everything goes well, no problems, no faulty kit etc etc then prices would be different.

Let me quote an example:-

Big site I did a few months ago has a Dualcom GPRS fitted, within 6 weeks the GPRS unit went down and had to be replaced ... travelling costs and time not recoverable as fault covered by warranty. Yesterday the replacement GPRS unit failed and CSL arranged for a replacement to be once again sent "before 10am", off we go this morning, travelling costs and time again; only to find out that CSL have fouled up and the GPRS replacement is not comming ... "sorry, our mistake, we'll make sure you get it tomorrow" ... more travelling costs and time and all with a system in warranty! :ranting:

I am still trying to calm down!

Exact spec of what he's offering to do:

Replace 2 existing PIR's.

Replace existing fire detector with 360degree PIR

Add 1 new PIR approx. 2 foot from panel

Replace existing bell sounder

Replace TS510 panel with new 9651 panel.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi All,

perhaps i missed it, but where did Roy say this guy was registered, he may well be but if not there is no registration cost is there, it's 'bells only' so no URN 'cost' either.

just making a note of it :cold2:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived