Security Installer Community

Menvier Ts510 - Replace, Or Upgrade ?

roydonaldson

firstly

Yes you can have a bell with the "flashy lites " on the system

the 510 will also take the SD1+ dialer (also made by Menvier)

secondly

get lots of quotes

some for the bell and dialer

and some for the upgrade

have an engineer look at your system and let you know what condition its in

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

firstly

Yes you can have a bell with the "flashy lites " on the system

the 510 will also take the SD1+ dialer (also made by Menvier)

secondly

get lots of quotes

some for the bell and dialer

and some for the upgrade

have an engineer look at your system and let you know what condition its in

Thanks for the NSI link, having a look there just now.

Not too bothered about 'flashy' lights :), but the bell box at present is 12 years old, has an old style phone number on it and leds lights are barely visible. To me it says, perhaps there's an alarm in there, dunno if it's working, but it's an ancient one.

I'd rather it said brand spanking new alarm, it's fully armed, feel free to move on, it's not worth it :-)

Hmmm, from looking at it, the 510's working fine, I've Walk tested it and everying is in order in it.

Perhaps just worthwhile expanding what's there ?

Interesting!

There is only 1 wire to the upstairs of the house, used by a smoke detector on the alarm. There are no PIR's in the upstairs of the house at all, so if someone got in an upstairs window they'd have the upstairs and downstairs hallway to themselves.

So, with only 1 cable run at present, change the detector for a 360 PIR and then install some battery smoke detectors elsewhere in the house.

Thanks for the NSI link, having a look there just now.

Not too bothered about 'flashy' lights :), but the bell box at present is 12 years old, has an old style phone number on it and leds lights are barely visible. To me it says, perhaps there's an alarm in there, dunno if it's working, but it's an ancient one.

I'd rather it said brand spanking new alarm, it's fully armed, feel free to move on, it's not worth it :-)

Hmmm, from looking at it, the 510's working fine, I've Walk tested it and everying is in order in it.

Perhaps just worthwhile expanding what's there ?

the 510 is a good "old" solid panel and it could be upgraded with a new bell and a dialler attached, but as stated its no longer supported and spares are no longer available.This is why you have been asked to upgrade.

cheers

not the only option as im assuming its a 6 core so various options exist to allow both. but i digress

i like this quote!!!

Just picking up on that, as having a wired smoke detector and a PIR would be good. If it's 6 core, could the 2 be run over that cable, without needing to choose one or the other (or run new cabling) ?

Just picking up on that, as having a wired smoke detector and a PIR would be good. If it's 6 core, could the 2 be run over that cable, without needing to choose one or the other (or run new cabling) ?

Yes indeed, not a problem to overcome.

cheers

Yes indeed, not a problem to overcome.

cheers

Is there any reason why someone would not fit a dialler for me ? i.e. certification etc. ?

I'd quite like a SD1 or SD2 fitted, whether to the 510 or a new 9651, I'd not be too bothered, but he doesn't seem to want to do it ?

Is there any reason why someone would not fit a dialler for me ? i.e. certification etc. ?

I'd quite like a SD1 or SD2 fitted, whether to the 510 or a new 9651, I'd not be too bothered, but he doesn't seem to want to do it ?

As i said could be no support for the 510 but the 9651 should hold no issues

cheers

if your guy fitted a dialer and say 2 months later you had panel problems would you expect him to fix it foc? Maybe he has had a previous bad experience of working on obselete equipement. Im guessing though

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

if your guy fitted a dialer and say 2 months later you had panel problems would you expect him to fix it foc? Maybe he has had a previous bad experience of working on obselete equipement. Im guessing though

It's a bit of a shame, as I'd like a dialler (with text) as both myself and wife work under 10 minutes from the house. In fact we're probably closer than the police stations in the area.....

The area I live in people's alarms go off reasonably often so I'd rather it phoned me to let me know and then I could at least do something then.

If it had been

Archived