Security Installer Community

Menvier Ts510 - Replace, Or Upgrade ?

roydonaldson

Hi there,

I stay in a house that has had a Menvier TS510 installed in it. It has 4 PIR's, a magnetic door contact and a single fire detector connected to it, with no remote keypad, or dialler.

Over XMas, someone has been around the back of my house scoping it out (they've removed gate locks), but not broken in.

I'd like to consider upgrading the security of the house, perhaps, changing the bell sounder to one that has flashing lights on the front, change the PIRs so that they have indicator LED's on them and add a dialler to the system.

Would I be better off replacing the TS510 with a complete new system, or could I add on to what I have already ? I think it must be about 10 years old, but works well (and has been recently serviced).

Thanks,

Roy.

Hi there,

Any particular recommendations from the range at all ? (you can see the size of system I need above, not that big really) Or, even pros and cons of the differing models ?

Also, as there is cabling already run to PIR locations, would that need to be replaced too, or would you generally just

re-use the cabling that is there already ?

Thanks,

Roy.

Hi Roy,

The TS510 is now obsolete so if it goes wrong it will need replacing and 10 years is a value-for-money lifespan.

I would suggest a system upgrade and possibly monitoring if you are concerned with neighbourhood activity.

The makers of the TS510, Menvier, have some new products that are very good.

Hmmm, just had a guy round to look about replacing the alarm. Was quoting for a Scantronic 9651.

However, all I'm going to get out of this is 2 new PIR's in location that are not covered just now and a new siren box out the front of the house. Seems like quite a bit of money (

Hmmm, just had a guy round to look about replacing the alarm. Was quoting for a Scantronic 9651.

However, all I'm going to get out of this is 2 new PIR's in location that are not covered just now and a new siren box out the front of the house. Seems like quite a bit of money (

so am I being cheap here ?

Roy.

Heck no, you're from Scotland, it's your birth right :lol:

Get a few quotes and compare them you will then have a better idea of what the market has to offer.

I've had a look on the SSAIB web site and can't seem to work out how to get it to show me installers in the Uddingston/Hamilton area of Scotland.

Try looking under Lanarkshire, number in the Glasgow area.

Archived