Security Installer Community

Internal Sounder Buzzing

dave09

Can anyone assist please.

I had an optima panel and it was showing its age so i got a new one fitted and bell box, (Optima compact) by a qualified engineer, the problem is that my internal sounder( lynteck make) started buzzing slightly and has progressively got worse, where it is now very noticeable and annoying. this happens whether it is on on or off.

Unfortunately the lad who did it has moved away and i cant get in touch with him.

Advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello. Does your internal sounder look like this:

TSSB1.JPG

It's a common problem when these sounders are paired up with certain types of bell boxes. It's hard to explain why this happens in layman's terms, but it is'nt really something you can fix yourself unless you have a background in intruder alarms.

Trade Member

Fit a RB007 relay to switch the pos to the sounder making clean contacts to the sounder. Switch the neg in the normal manor

This will sort out your problem

If not sure get a pro in.

Can anyone assist please.

I had an optima panel and it was showing its age so i got a new one fitted and bell box, (Optima compact) by a qualified engineer, the problem is that my internal sounder( lynteck make) started buzzing slightly and has progressively got worse, where it is now very noticeable and annoying. this happens whether it is on on or off.

Unfortunately the lad who did it has moved away and i cant get in touch with him.

Advice would be appreciated. Thanks

U could try putting a torroid on the internal sounder cables, three to six wraps should do it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

i dont think its an induced noise thing as its dc that wont help IMO

relay will though

A relay will isolate it from the other sounder yes, but I thought suggesting a toroid would be an easy "try it first" before changing the wiring and adding a relay? Also cheaper!

A "hum" does suggest 50Hz mains hum which would be AC mixing with the DC.

Easy way to prove it, disconnect the other sounder and see if it goes away! :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

A "hum" does suggest 50Hz mains hum which would be AC mixing with the DC.

Not really. Some SAB's have a 'dirty trigger' so will feed a voltage back from the bell on the trigger -ve to the sound bomb. Nothing to do with AC.

Not really. Some SAB's have a 'dirty trigger' so will feed a voltage back from the bell on the trigger -ve to the sound bomb. Nothing to do with AC.

Some intruder wiring picks up 50Hz mains hum, could be any of these couldn't it...........

As I said if the other sounder is disconnected and the hum goes away fit a relay, if not look further. :ninja:

My Amateur Radio Forum

Some intruder wiring picks up 50Hz mains hum, could be any of these couldn't it...........

As I said if the other sounder is disconnected and the hum goes away fit a relay, if not look further. :ninja:

Yep, as with any query here, only the bloke by the panel with a meter really knows what's going on. All we can do is make educated guesses.

Archived