Security Installer Community

Internal Sounder Buzzing

dave09

If you find you need to add a relay make sure the panel has not got a spare output powerfull enough to run the internal sounder, you could save yourself the cost of a relay.....I don't know that panel but most will have a spare output that can be programed to follow the bell, or run the main sounder off of the output to trigger it and use the main sounder output for the internal stuff. Cheaper either way. :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Hello. Does your internal sounder look like this:

TSSB1.JPG

It's a common problem when these sounders are paired up with certain types of bell boxes. It's hard to explain why this happens in layman's terms, but it is'nt really something you can fix yourself unless you have a background in intruder alarms.

Yes thats the sounder, its located in my hallway away from the rest of the system, i have noticed that if a nearby light switch (just below the sounder) and light is turned on it sometimes is a fraction louder.

As for the rest of the comments i very much appreciate but some of it is a little too technical for me. I could manage to change the sounder if necessary but im open to suggestions. Many thanks. Dave

i have noticed that if a nearby light switch (just below the sounder) and light is turned on it sometimes is a fraction louder.

MMMMMMMMMMMMains Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm :whistle:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

MMMMMMMMMMMMains Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm :whistle:

I had said same problem only last week on a take-over

The soundbomb was making a noise similar to a redcare chirp I kid you not.

Decided to bin it and fit a speaker, only

I have had a few problems like this on take overs you take the old 6" bell in a C-Type box down and fit a nice new unit and the sound bomb starts to chirp.

Have fitted relays every time and it works, costs next to nothing and is an easy fix.

I have had a few problems like this on take overs you take the old 6" bell in a C-Type box down and fit a nice new unit and the sound bomb starts to chirp.

Have fitted relays every time and it works, costs next to nothing and is an easy fix.

Where is the relay fitted, in the control box or bell box, can you tell me the make or name of it so i can get one please? thanks Dave.

Archived